Lets Talk About UVA, NW, and GWU Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
WAREAGLE31

New

Lets Talk About UVA, NW, and GWU

Post by WAREAGLE31 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:26 am

I'll give you my profile take a look and please respond. I am retaking the LSAT again in December.

I will be applying to Law School a year from now. I attended the Naval Academy and have a B.S. in History. When I apply, I will have been out of school for over five years and will have completed two combat tours as a Marine Infantry Officer. My College GPA is a 2.9. My LSAT is a 169. I am a resident of Virginia. I expect to have strong recommendations and a personal statement that focuses on life experiences.

I plan on applying to: 1. UVA, 2. NW, 3. GWU, 4. W and L, 5. UNC

Anybody have similar experiences or advice? Anybody with experience in the National Security Law area? Thanks in advance.

thexfactor

Silver

Re: Lets Talk About UVA, NW, and GWU

Post by thexfactor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

ED to UVA right now. You might get in with your background.UVA's turnaround is pretty quick.

Then try ED at NW.

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Re: Lets Talk About UVA, NW, and GWU

Post by Hopefully2012 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 am

thexfactor wrote:ED to UVA right now. You might get in with your background.UVA's turnaround is pretty quick.

Then try ED at NW.
NW only allows ED applicants to ED to one school per cycle. In addition, NW's ED now comes with a full tuition scholarship stipulation.

ED to UVA is your best shot and it's not all that great with a 169/2.9. I would re-take (OP says he will be applying a year from now so why would he ED to UVA right now? Confused at the above advice. Maybe I missed something.)

Return to “What are my chances?”