* Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Flips88

Diamond

Re: 3.99/165

Post by Flips88 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Northwestern is in play. I got in with roughly the same numbers.

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Montevillian wrote:
buckilaw wrote:Normally I would never say this... But if you were to apply to Boalt you would probably get in. With a 169-170 you might be set at Stanford. Your softs might be the best I've ever seen on this site. You should really retake so you have a good chance at Harvard or Yale.
Not to undermine this posters' softs or anything, but really? I mean, those are some impressive softs, for sure, but I think military experience, people who started their own nonprofits, and Peace Corps volunteers probably all have a leg up on most of this person's softs. The Rhodes could be a major thing, but besides that, I don't think any of these are necessarily game changers.
ROTFL.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:50 pm

locke42 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
locke42 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote: poor logic is poor.
you're just mad because you don't know the difference between validity and soundness
lolwut?
a little logic humor
I think he was trying to indicate that it wasn't particularly humorous because your statement wasn't valid to begin with.

locke42

New

Post by locke42 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Cade McNown wrote:I think he was trying to indicate that it wasn't particularly humorous because your statement wasn't valid to begin with.

google: barbara logic. first link, bout a third of the way down the page. read very carefully -- if you have any trouble pm me

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:40 pm

locke42 wrote:
Cade McNown wrote:I think he was trying to indicate that it wasn't particularly humorous because your statement wasn't valid to begin with.

google: barbara logic. first link, bout a third of the way down the page. read very carefully -- if you have any trouble pm me
:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
locke42 wrote:
weye wrote:I'm a 3.99/165/non-URM senior at a top 20 private university (Philosophy/Music double major)
weye wrote: a philosophy honors thesis and political theory paper pending publication
you're a philosophy major who did an honors thesis, you can undoubtedly do better on the lsat
poor logic is poor.
JamMasterJ is right here. I don't know what your problem is.

See: http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/leit ... rgrad.html, http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=74320

weye

New

Post by weye » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks for all the help. I'm planning to retake in December and apply ED nowhere. Ideally I will pursue a degree in the UK before entering law school, but if not (and considering how late I will have to apply in the cycle) what are my options with a modest LSAT increase? Any shot at Northwestern JD/LLM in International Human Rights Law; might the relevance of my undergraduate curriculum and work experience help?

Thanks!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 am

weye wrote:Thanks for all the help. I'm planning to retake in December and apply ED nowhere. Ideally I will pursue a degree in the UK before entering law school, but if not (and considering how late I will have to apply in the cycle) what are my options with a modest LSAT increase? Any shot at Northwestern JD/LLM in International Human Rights Law; might the relevance of my undergraduate curriculum and work experience help?

Thanks!
1. NW wants post-grad work experience, which you don't have unfortunately.
2. If you're really serious about intl. work, I'd look into boning up on your French
3. LLM flowchart

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 am

weye wrote:Thanks for all the help. I'm planning to retake in December and apply ED nowhere. Ideally I will pursue a degree in the UK before entering law school, but if not (and considering how late I will have to apply in the cycle) what are my options with a modest LSAT increase? Any shot at Northwestern JD/LLM in International Human Rights Law; might the relevance of my undergraduate curriculum and work experience help?

Thanks!
Yes, but I don't think that graduate school in the UK counts as work experience. Rhodes would be a stellar soft but I think you might fare better at other schools with that GPA/soft combo (thinking Berkeley, maybe even Stanford).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 am

locke42 wrote:

Nice quote newb, but I'm not the one who wrote that.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 am

locke42 wrote:

LOL seriously? Do you understand logic?

weye

New

Post by weye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 pm

So I found out a few days ago that I am a finalist for the Rhodes in my district (this means I am one of twelve finalists in 4 states). Is this a significant change in my softs? And how late can I apply to UVA ED and count on an admit?

Thanks

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:43 pm

I really believe you would regret the decision to ED to UVA at this point. Why are you in such a rush for law school? You are a finalist for Rhodes, and I would assume could find a job at an impressive NGO if you don't get it. Take a year, re-take the LSAT, and apply next Fall. Your experience will help you both in admissions and in future employment.

That is going to be the advice you receive here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:14 pm

weye wrote:So I found out a few days ago that I am a finalist for the Rhodes in my district (this means I am one of twelve finalists in 4 states). Is this a significant change in my softs? And how late can I apply to UVA ED and count on an admit?

Thanks
If you really want to work for an international NGO, you need to take time off before school and get work experience with an international NGO. This is of the utmost importance. Do NOT ED UVA right now.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Grizz wrote:
weye wrote:So I found out a few days ago that I am a finalist for the Rhodes in my district (this means I am one of twelve finalists in 4 states). Is this a significant change in my softs? And how late can I apply to UVA ED and count on an admit? Thanks
If you really want to work for an international NGO, you need to take time off before school and get work experience with an international NGO. This is of the utmost importance. Do NOT ED UVA right now.
This.

weye

New

Post by weye » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Last edited by weye on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Expect a lot of waitlists, but MVP on down are worth apps.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”