2.8/164

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mukjoe09

2.8/164

Postby mukjoe09 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:51 am

Hi all im looking to see what you guys thinks about my chances to get into the following schools. with a 2.8/164

Syracuse (number 1)
Texas Tech
Washburn (for 2 year program)
LSU
West Virginia
Hawaii (Second choice)
New Hampshire
Miami
Chicago kent

Safety Schools/Backup schools
Golden Gate
Whittier
TJLS
Southwestern

-I know my GPA is a little low and i have been previously been put on academic probation which subsequently led to me (voluntarily) taking a year off from school but after i went back i did much better.
-I also am not a URM but i am a ethnic minority.
-I also understand many people of this site are gunning for elite schools and kudos to you all but quite honestly im really not looking at those type of schools because I wish to be as realistic about my chances of getting accepted as possible.
-I also have 3 different family members who have offered me jobs upon my completion of my law degree, so that is not too big a worry.

I hope that is pretty thorough ANY input is greatly appreciated guys
Last edited by mukjoe09 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

FeelTheHeat

Re: 2.8/164

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:06 am

mukjoe09 wrote:-I also have 3 different family member who have offered me jobs upon my completion of my law degree, so that is not too big a worry.

Appreciate being in a great position and go to a school in a place you'll enjoy for the cheapest price possible.

Jah'rakal

Postby Jah'rakal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am

mukjoe09 wrote:Hi all im looking to see what you guys thinks about my chances to get into the following schools. with a 2.8/164

Syracuse (number 1)
Texas Tech
Washburn (for 2 year program)
LSU
West Virginia
Hawaii (Second choice)
New Hampshire
Miami
Chicago kent

Safety Schools/Backup schools
Golden Gate
Whittier
TJLS
Southwestern

-I know my GPA is a little low and i have been previously been put on academic probation which subsequently led to me (voluntarily) taking a year off from school but after i went back i did much better.
-I also am not a URM but i am a ethnic minority.
-I also understand many people of this site are gunning for elite schools and kudos to you all but quite honestly im really not looking at those type of schools because I wish to be as realistic about my chances of getting accepted as possible.
-I also have 3 different family members who have offered me jobs upon my completion of my law degree, so that is not too big a worry.

I hope that is pretty thorough ANY input is greatly appreciated guys

u obviously can't use up all 3 offers from family, share one w/ me, will ya?

mukjoe09

Postby mukjoe09 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Appreciate being in a great position and go to a school in a place you'll enjoy for the cheapest price possible.[/quote]
FeelTheHeat wrote:Appreciate being in a great position and go to a school in a place you'll enjoy for the cheapest price possible.

Yeah im pretty fortunate, and i figured id go whoever gave me the best deal, but i really want to go to syracuse

FeelTheHeat wrote:u obviously can't use up all 3 offers from family, share one w/ me, will ya?

no i cant obviously, i would share but you'd have to ask them lol

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 pm

mukjoe09 wrote: Yeah im pretty fortunate, and i figured id go whoever gave me the best deal, but i really want to go to syracuse

You'll get in, and probably with a good amount of money. Apply to better schools that are splitter friendly and leverage scholarships if you can.

mukjoe09

Postby mukjoe09 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:You'll get in, and probably with a good amount of money. Apply to better schools that are splitter friendly and leverage scholarships if you can.

you think so? i kinda felt like my GPA was pretty low for Syracuse but my LSAT was decent also as far as better schools go do you think i would have a shot at getting into a tier 1? or a higher rated tier 2 school? i ask with some reserve basically because my gpa is my weak spot and most of the higher ranked schools are quite unforgiving with GPA

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

You are in at WVU with possible cash because of the LSAT.

Similar numbers to a good friend of mine here.

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:44 am

If you are willing to go to Washburn, than I would highly recommend applying to Univ of Kansas, just about the same price, more of a regional school, and a lot more fun on the weekends than Topeka is. I am weighing these two in particular, and it looks like if you get a 160+ you will get admitted to Kansas and $. Washburn would probably through a little more $ at you, but neither of them travel particularly well, but Kansas is better than Washburn.

Just because your GPA isn't great doesn't mean you have to settle for TTT or TTTT schools, if I get a 164+ I will be shooting for lower end T1 schools, and TT. If I get under a 160, then I will have to settle.

Return to “What are my chances?”