Unusual situation

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TTTbound

Unusual situation

Postby TTTbound » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I am not sure where this should go in the forums. I recently submitted my transcript to lsac, and they mistakenly forgot to factor in one of my worst semesters, causing my lsac gpa to be .09 higher than it should be. At first I was fine with this, but then I noticed an academic warning remains even though it could be cleared on a revised transcript. If I submit a revision to lsac, they will likely recalculate my gpa correctly. If I do not then I will have an unwarranted academic warning. Which one is worse? Without giving myself away, my incorrect gpa is 3.38; the correct should be 3.29.

Jack Smirks

Re: Unusual situation

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Are you sure you didn't receive nonpunitive W's or did you retake the classes or something?

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

TTTbound wrote:I am not sure where this should go in the forums. I recently submitted my transcript to lsac, and they mistakenly forgot to factor in one of my worst semesters, causing my lsac gpa to be .09 higher than it should be. At first I was fine with this, but then I noticed an academic warning remains even though it could be cleared on a revised transcript. If I submit a revision to lsac, they will likely recalculate my gpa correctly. If I do not then I will have an unwarranted academic warning. Which one is worse? Without giving myself away, my incorrect gpa is 3.38; the correct should be 3.29.

Be honest, because you WILL get caught.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 pm

TTTbound wrote:I am not sure where this should go in the forums. I recently submitted my transcript to lsac, and they mistakenly forgot to factor in one of my worst semesters, causing my lsac gpa to be .09 higher than it should be. At first I was fine with this, but then I noticed an academic warning remains even though it could be cleared on a revised transcript. If I submit a revision to lsac, they will likely recalculate my gpa correctly. If I do not then I will have an unwarranted academic warning. Which one is worse? Without giving myself away, my incorrect gpa is 3.38; the correct should be 3.29.

A fine lawyer you'll make. How about this... Take the fucking high road and fix the GPA mistake now - for no other reason than its the right thing to do. Fraud is hardly the way to start off your career.

I've met attorneys like you... It never ends well... Go buy a moral compass now, before you become a lawyer. Please.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Jack Smirks wrote:Are you sure you didn't receive nonpunitive W's or did you retake the classes or something?

This. How sure are you that they screwed up?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Are you applying to Canadian law schools ? If not, then you need to address this with LSAC, in my opinion.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Jack Smirks wrote:Are you sure you didn't receive nonpunitive W's or did you retake the classes or something?

This. How sure are you that they screwed up?

They probably didn't screw up, but yeah, I'd go check with them.

mukjoe09

Postby mukjoe09 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 am

yeah bro just be honest no point to be fraudulent over .9 of your gpa

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Be honest, because you WILL get caught.

+1
Except not because you'll get caught (although that's probably true), but because it's the right thing to do, as one of the previous posters has put it.

This shouldn't even be a dilemma for any reasonable person...

Return to “What are my chances?”