168/3.64 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lightswitch

New

168/3.64

Post by lightswitch » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 pm

According to lawschoolpredictor.com, if I ED Chicago, I go from weak consider to consider; if I ED NYU I go from deny to weak consider, and if I ED Michigan I go from weak consider to consider.

How accurate is lawschoolpredictor when it comes to ED'ing? Where do you people think I should ED to? My advisor suggested Michigan or Georgetown, but I'm not sure. I'd love to go to Duke or NYU, but I don't think ED'ing to either of those will help (even though I'm doing my undergrad at NYU)

Also, according to the hourumd predictor, 56.76% and 52.69% got accepted with "similar stats" at Michigan and Duke respectively, yet lawschoolpredictor says I'll get straight denied at Duke, even with ED. What's the deal with that?

Thanks for the help!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: 168/3.64

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm

lightswitch wrote:According to lawschoolpredictor.com, if I ED Chicago, I go from weak consider to consider; if I ED NYU I go from deny to weak consider, and if I ED Michigan I go from weak consider to consider.

How accurate is lawschoolpredictor when it comes to ED'ing? Where do you people think I should ED to? My advisor suggested Michigan or Georgetown, but I'm not sure. I'd love to go to Duke or NYU, but I don't think ED'ing to either of those will help (even though I'm doing my undergrad at NYU)

Also, according to the hourumd predictor, 56.76% and 52.69% got accepted with "similar stats" at Michigan and Duke respectively, yet lawschoolpredictor says I'll get straight denied at Duke, even with ED. What's the deal with that?

Thanks for the help!
You really don't have a shot at Chicago or NYU with ED. One of your numbers needs to be above median.

lightswitch

New

Post by lightswitch » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm

What about the disparity between hourumd's prediction on Mich and Duke lawschoolpredictor's prediction? Would it be better then to ED Duke or Michigan then?

I understand the logic behind not having a shot at Chicago or NYU (they have such high numbers) but why does lawschoolpredictor suggest otherwise (especially with the weak consider for Chicago even without ED)? And does where you go to school for undergrad (NYU undergrad to NYU law, for example) have any impact?

Also, if you apply for admission in, say, October, and you get straight As in the fall 2011 semester, thus boosting your GPA, would you be able to inform schools of this, or would they decide based on your old transcript?

Lastly, what're my chances for Georgetown/Cornell/Northwestern, or anything else in the T14, given that lawschoolpredictor says "consider"?

Thanks again for everything; I know I went considerably offtopic and asked a lot more (random) questions.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/

I think Law School Numbers is the best place you can go to find your odds of getting in, since it's real data. With your stats I don't think you stand a very good chance at any t-14s, except cornell. apply EA and that is probs your best shot.

I searched for people between 167 and 169 and 3.6 and 3.7. Check it out: http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=1011

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/edbJD - WL/accept at cornell
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/carousel - accepted at cornell
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bl1510 - WL at cornell

You can search for people who got in via ED too.

lightswitch

New

Post by lightswitch » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm

The problem I have with lawschoolnumbers is that it's such a small sample size, I don't know if you can accurately draw any conclusions from it. Thanks for the help though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm

lightswitch wrote:The problem I have with lawschoolnumbers is that it's such a small sample size, I don't know if you can accurately draw any conclusions from it. Thanks for the help though.
Well LSP gets its numbers from LSN, so similar problem.

But below both medians = WL/out is tried, tested, and true.

lightswitch

New

Post by lightswitch » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:56 am

Guessing my chances aren't good then? Jeez. I gotta go for it though...no sense in not doing so. What about the hourumd estimator?

Also, how do law schools deal with grades from the fall semester? Do you send in an updated transcript?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:06 am

LSP just creates and index number for you and compares it to all of the people admitted in previous years. The problem is that someone with two numbers just below the median could have a higher index number than a guy just above one median and well below the other, but the second guy will get in over the first every time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”