164/2.7 Canadian chances at U of Oklahoma

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
megan1

164/2.7 Canadian chances at U of Oklahoma

Postby megan1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 pm

I have a 2.7 GPA and a 164 LSAT, and am a Canadian, non URM but my undergrad school is the University of Toronto, which is the best university in Canada and is ranked as the 26th best in the world. What are my chances at getting into the University of Oklahoma, and does being an international applicant help? Do schools consider the fact that my mediocre GPA is from a prestigious school?

BiglawOrBust

Re: 164/2.7 Canadian chances at U of Oklahoma

Postby BiglawOrBust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm

megan1 wrote:I have a 2.7 GPA and a 164 LSAT, and am a Canadian, non URM but my undergrad school is the University of Toronto, which is the best university in Canada and is ranked as the 26th best in the world. What are my chances at getting into the University of Oklahoma, and does being an international applicant help? Do schools consider the fact that my mediocre GPA is from a prestigious school?

There are people who do undergrad at Yale and go to TTTs. Adcomms will not be impressed.

blech

Postby blech » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:07 pm

ahem.
--LinkRemoved--
see #17

In response to your question, lsn indicates you'd have a good shot with your numbers:
http://oklahoma.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

Yellowtree

Postby Yellowtree » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Im not sure why you're wanting to go to OU but do not go there unless you plan on living in Oklahoma. The degree doesn't travel. In addition job prospects are not very good. With a 164 you have a decent shot at some T1's that will give you much better job prospects.

In terms of chances, you have a pretty good shot

serdog

Postby serdog » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:27 am

Unless you have a really good reson for wanting Oklahoma I would recommend applying broadly. Also want kind of break down do you have with your GPA? I ask this because you say your Canadian, one of the major graces of our law schools is the drop system/best 60 credits/ last 2/best 2 if you have a few bad course or a bad year or two you can make Canadian law School ie if your best 60 credits are over 3.24 you would likely have gotten into UofM last year(also UofS if your best two are >3.2). Because of a better legal market and lower CoA you are FAR better off attending a Canadian school then any American school outside the top 20

Return to “What are my chances?”