I Need Advice. Peace Corps, 3.08

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
brightereyes

I Need Advice. Peace Corps, 3.08

Postby brightereyes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:41 am

Ok, so here's my story:

I graduated college in 3 years from the Univ. of Oklahoma with a degree in Geography and African American Studies (I'm a White Male). I have an overall Undergrad GPA of 3.08. I took the LSAT the summer before my Junior/Senior year on a bit of a whim. I didn't study like I should have and received a 148. During a few practice tests before-hand, which I went over on time by a few minutes, I got scores roughly between 158 and 162. Now, a year and a half later, I am thinking about law school again. Well, law school vs. grad school. I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer, and I plan on applying next cycle (late 2012). I have a while to study, and would most likely take the LSAT in February and/or June. I would predict that with studying I would score solidly in the 158-162 range. What do you guys think my chances are? T2, T3, T4? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks Top Law.

Lawquacious

Re: I Need Advice. Peace Corps, 3.08

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:46 am

If not flame --> retake brah

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 am

We can't give you any meaningful advice on where to apply until you have a new score (obviously you need to retake). Your GPA sucks so you're going to have to have an LSAT score above median at almost any school you want to be considered at. If you're really interested in seeing where different scores might get you in/out you can browse http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/

brightereyes

Postby brightereyes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for the replies. Ok, I understand that you can't give me very specific info without a score, but assuming I get a score of 158, how do you think my Peace Corps service will effect my application? I am interested in American, DePaul, Chicago Loyola, Brooklyn, Howard and Pace.

chameleonia

Postby chameleonia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:11 am

make sure you go the the pc website --LinkRemoved-- and look carefully at all the schools that participate in the Peace Corps Fellows program, there are a small handful of law schools that will give you a good admissions boost and good $$. If you are unsure about law school vs grad school there are generally many more options for regular grad school than law school.

Edit->add
Also, I dont know if it will be a major factor, but your choices of loyola, american, depaul etc are good in terms of getting the most out of your PC service because Catholic schools in general place a greater degree of value on that type of service/humanitarianism than most.

Return to “What are my chances?”