Indecision!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Take test before or after Peace Corps?

Before
No votes
After
100%

Total votes: 3

PARoisen

Indecision!

Postby PARoisen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello all!
I am currently taking practice tests and studying for the LSAT. I am waiting to leave for the Peace Corps in January but I'm debating whether I want to take it before I leave or after. My PTs have been hovering around 163-165 but I haven't really focused to hard on studying yet (lack of motivation). So- should I bite the bullet and study my ass off to take the test before, or take my time and insure I can score my 'best' once I get back.

Some info for your viewing pleasure....
- (GPA 3.9) graduated Phi Beta Kapa from small liberal arts school in MN
-Hispanic-Cuban-(should give some boost?) Speak spanish at home, etc
-Prestigious law internships
-Started a non-profit for Hispanic population in college community
-Peace Corps Volunteer

I am hoping to get into the U of MN (as resident) but otherwise going to blanket the country for admissions once I return.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Last edited by PARoisen on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iowalum

Re: Indecision!

Postby iowalum » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I say wait. Based on my friends' experiences in the Peace Corps it can both a) change you a lot (maybe you won't even want to go to law school), and/or b) provide you with a lot of unstructured time on your hands to study towards the end if you need to. If you were scoring in the 170's right now I would say go for it, but if you put in the time you can probably improve, so unless you are going to really push for December, I'd give yourself more time.

(btw if your scores are 'hoovering', you might have other problems...) :)

HyeMart

Postby HyeMart » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:31 pm

depends how much time you have during or after peace corps

PARoisen

Postby PARoisen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:35 pm

bah i know! I have only taken two tests (163, 165) but i also hate (HATE!) the logic games section, which is kicking my butt.

I'm not sure how much time ill have during the peace corps (part of the reason why im unsure what to do), but all i have to do after the peace corps is study or start applying.

thanks for the replies! i figured i would most likely go to law school since its been in the plan for years, but you're right in the things can certainly change over the next two years.......

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:41 pm

LG is the most teachable of the LSAT sections. Go to the Peace Corps, buy a LG Bible for the slower parts, work through it, practice tests, real test, ????, Profit!

Return to “What are my chances?”