3.5 GPA/average 158-160 LSAT practice tests

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
llachans

3.5 GPA/average 158-160 LSAT practice tests

Postby llachans » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Any suggestions for reach and safety schools?
I'm not too set on any area although IL, IA, CA, or NY would be preferable. I won't consider schools in the south.

Background:
Education: My undergrad was at Iowa. I double majored in political science and religious studies. My GPA had a significant upward trend my last few years (first year was a 3.14 cumulative due to some personal issues but the majority of my semesters in my junior/senior years averaged around 3.8).
Extra-curriculars: I was very involved in the LGBT community on campus.
Internship: I currently intern as a project manager in a jail organization which offers educational and addiction programs to the inmates.

Although I got a 163 on a practice test today, I expect to test around 160. I've never been a good test-taker and have studied a LOT for this, so please offer school suggestions rather than simply advising me to re-take.

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by llachans on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Re: 3.5 GPA/average 158-160 LSAT practice tests

Postby chrisbru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:55 pm

llachans wrote:Any suggestions for reach and safety schools?
I'm not too set on any area although IL, IA, CA, or NY would be preferable. I won't consider schools in the south.

Background:
Education: My undergrad was at Iowa. I double majored in political science and religious studies. My GPA had a significant upward trend my last few years (first year was a 3.14 cumulative due to some personal issues but the majority of my semesters in my junior/senior years averaged around 3.8).
Extra-curriculars: I was very involved in the LGBT community on campus.
Internship: I currently intern as a project manager in a jail organization which offers educational and addiction programs to the inmates.

I don't see my LSAT score raising too much...and I've studied a lot. I've never been a good test-taker so please offer school suggestions rather than simply advising me to re-take.

Thanks for any help!

I'd seriously consider why you want to go to law school before going to a T2 school.

That being said here are some suggestions in the Midwest (I didn't want to look up schools in NY or CA, since I didn't apply there at all):

Reaches:
Iowa
Colorado
Wisconsin
Missouri
Kansas

Safety Schools:
Nebraska
William Mitchell
Drake
DePaul
Loyola - Chicago
Denver

mrtoren

Re: 3.5 GPA/average 158-160 LSAT practice tests

Postby mrtoren » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

You yourself have admitted the volatility in practice test scores. Come back with a real score and we'll be able to make real suggestions.

Return to “What are my chances?”