Are these schools still possible?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
legallyessex

Are these schools still possible?

Postby legallyessex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:11 am

I am an international student (from the UK) about to go into my second year of law school. My first year grades weren't amazing I got a 2.2 which is equivalent to a 2.9-3.0. However the first year doesn't materially contribute to the overall degree classification so if to say I got two 1sts (in the second and final year) which would bring my overall classification to a 1st, which would be a 4.0. I am hoping LSAC would see this overall classification as superior, because if I do get two high 1sts in the second and final year I could potentially bring my overall average up for all three years.

I have an impressive number of softs (debate team etc) and am taking a gap year to do interns at the EU and UN as well as working with Amicus on a death row case.

LSAT wise I think with hard work etc I can pull of 173.

With stats like this is Harvard, Yale, Columbia, NYU and Berklee a long shot off? Is it completely out of my reach.

Also sorry if this sounds confusing, I realise international applicants go through a different process with grading etc. I was just wondering if anyone on here would be able to help.

cinephile

Re: Are these schools still possible?

Postby cinephile » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 am

You've only had one year of school, anything's possible. Have you taken a practice test or something to indicate that you will get a 173 on the LSAT?

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 am

legallyessex wrote: With stats like this is Harvard, Yale, Columbia, NYU and Berklee a long shot off? Is it completely out of my reach.

No idea how UK system works, but I would recommend applying to Berkeley, not Berklee, unless you're planning on a career in Music Law.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:59 am

Based on your previous schooling, why the hell should we assume you can get a 173. LOL. Also debate team is a mediocre soft.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 am

Bodhi_mind

Postby Bodhi_mind » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Get a real LSAT

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Is your "Berklee" application being sent to a Massachusetts or California address ?

Assuming an LSAT score of 173 suggests a lack of commonsense & maturity.

Return to “What are my chances?”