big splitter

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sportgirl234
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:19 am

big splitter

Postby sportgirl234 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 pm

gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: big splitter

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:51 pm

sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

Yeah. Full-ride possibly at WUSTL, Illinois, IU-B. You could aim higher if you're OK with some debt.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: big splitter

Postby fathergoose » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:56 pm

sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

I'm a little disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting 2.20/179. That would be a big splitter.

3.35/170 is at best a slightly above average size splitter in my mind.

But I'll bite, and say you have a pretty good shot at money at the typical splitter schools plus maybe an outside shot at UVA or NW if you ED. But a very outside shot, like 6 feet behind the NBA 3-point line.

sportgirl234
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:19 am

Re: big splitter

Postby sportgirl234 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 pm

fathergoose wrote:
sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

I'm a little disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting 2.20/179. That would be a big splitter.

3.35/170 is at best a slightly above average size splitter in my mind.

But I'll bite, and say you have a pretty good shot at money at the typical splitter schools plus maybe an outside shot at UVA or NW if you ED. But a very outside shot, like 6 feet behind the NBA 3-point line.



Good, I've always liked my outside the arc shot :)

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: big splitter

Postby thederangedwang » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 am

sportgirl234 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

I'm a little disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting 2.20/179. That would be a big splitter.

3.35/170 is at best a slightly above average size splitter in my mind.

But I'll bite, and say you have a pretty good shot at money at the typical splitter schools plus maybe an outside shot at UVA or NW if you ED. But a very outside shot, like 6 feet behind the NBA 3-point line.



Good, I've always liked my outside the arc shot :)


With Dwight Howard guarding u

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: big splitter

Postby Kabuo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 am

I had a 3.2 and a much higher LSAT and only got 84k at WUSTL. I know another applicant with my GPA and a 170 who also got 84k. He was able to negotiate that up to 95 based on a near full ride at uiuc, but I wasn't able to negotiate at all because I had no peer school offers. Anyway, the point is you are not getting a full ride without a full ride from a peer school to negotiate with.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: big splitter

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:12 am

fathergoose wrote:
sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

I'm a little disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting 2.20/179. That would be a big splitter.

3.35/170 is at best a slightly above average size splitter in my mind.


Yeah, this is less Roger Clemens, more J.J. Putz.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: big splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:34 am

Kabuo wrote: Anyway, the point is you are not getting a full ride without a full ride from a peer school to negotiate with.


Hmm...

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: big splitter

Postby t14fanboy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 am

.
Last edited by t14fanboy on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muaythaifighter
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: big splitter

Postby muaythaifighter » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
sportgirl234 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
sportgirl234 wrote:gpa: 3.35 (one very bad semester my sophomore year)
lsat: 170

w/e: 2 legal internships
extensive travel through undergrad


where should I be looking?

is there a possibility i can get any scholarship money to a school within the top 30?

Thank you!

I'm a little disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting 2.20/179. That would be a big splitter.

3.35/170 is at best a slightly above average size splitter in my mind.

But I'll bite, and say you have a pretty good shot at money at the typical splitter schools plus maybe an outside shot at UVA or NW if you ED. But a very outside shot, like 6 feet behind the NBA 3-point line.



Good, I've always liked my outside the arc shot :)


With Dwight Howard guarding u


lol good one

sportgirl234
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 12:19 am

Re: big splitter

Postby sportgirl234 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am

work experience includes an 8 week 20 hour a week internship with a debt collection firm and my other internship began with full time for the summer and was expanded to allow me to work at school and continue.

does this help?

also ill write a gpa addendum but circumstances include my mom being sick with cancer (not trying to use this as an excuse by any means just stating the facts)

Mizz
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

Re: big splitter

Postby Mizz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

sportgirl234 wrote:work experience includes an 8 week 20 hour a week internship with a debt collection firm and my other internship began with full time for the summer and was expanded to allow me to work at school and continue.

does this help?


Not really for law school, however it will help when it comes time to find employment with firms.

If it was a significant time commitment during you semester you may want to note it though.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests