helllooo

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
myungstunn

helllooo

Postby myungstunn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:34 am

hjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Last edited by myungstunn on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelawschoolproject

Re: 168/3.6 where should i ED to in top 15?

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 pm

What kind of softs do you have?

And, personally I believe that everyone has a higher chance of getting in under the ED program (in most situations anyway.)

For example, if you have a substantial amount of WE then Northwestern might be a good fit.

UVA might be good as well, especially with the 2 week turnaround. If you don't get in there you can always ED somewhere else.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 pm

T14 is almost certainly out, even with an ED. You'd probably get a couple waitlists, but I doubt you'd get off them. UCLA is definitely the best shot if you are going to ED, but even that looks sketchy. What about USC? You'd have a decent shot there.

This is assuming non-URM and non-exceptional softs.

myungstunn

Postby myungstunn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 am

did u mean USC would be good for ED? what if i let go to the T-14 thing. where would be a good ED for me? does USC place well in cali?? (i know i can find out on my own, you dont have to answer if annoyed by the question :P)

thank you

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:03 am

ED to either GULC or Michigan. Apply as early as possible to Cornell (but there is no ED option) and apply as early as possible to whatever you didn't ED to out of GULC/Mich.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 am

myungstunn wrote:did u mean USC would be good for ED? what if i let go to the T-14 thing. where would be a good ED for me? does USC place well in cali?? (i know i can find out on my own, you dont have to answer if annoyed by the question :P)

thank you

I'm not very familiar with California schools/market, but USC is a peer school to UCLA, so I'm sure it places pretty much on par with UCLA. What's important to know is where you want to practice. Are you dead-set on California or is it just a small preference?

If it's just a small preference and you really want T14, an ED to GULC is probably your best bet. I do not see it happening at Michigan, but it might be worth an application. Cornell is also possible, but probably just waitlist.

If you for sure want Cali though, I would focus on Cali schools and not bother with GULC/Michigan/Cornell. Even the T14 schools are a little regional. The networking opportunities at USC/UCLA outweigh the difference in overall job placement statistics. I think it would be slightly safer to ED to USC over UCLA, but your chances look pretty good at either school with an ED, so pick the one you think is a better fit for you. If you're worried about debt, I would apply RD to USC and UCLA and see what kind of offers you get from UC-Davis or other peer schools.

myungstunn

Postby myungstunn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:11 pm

cali IS a small preference. to be frank, id be willing to go anywhere. if so, what schools work?

i heard emory is good too?

so yeah, is GULC gonna give me a higher chance than say...Texas?

thanks a lot

Moomoo2u

Postby Moomoo2u » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I'd toss my ED at UCLA if you're into the cal market.

The real question here is are you trying to gain acceptance to a specific dream school? Or are you trying to get into the best school you can no matter where it is (it seems like the latter).

You have a better shot at Texas than GULC/Cornell IMO (the 25 is 164 and you're above the 25 for GPA).

WUSTL,BU,GW could also be good choices.

If you apply to Cornell and below and canvas them you should get at least one between 15-25

myungstunn

Postby myungstunn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 pm

props for the advice.

yeah, wouldnt Texas be a closer bet (than GULC)? I would definetely be willing to go there.

and yes, you are definetely right, im trying to go to the best school possible...A higher priority than that would be getting the best job possible (subjective, but for me at the moment is big law)

so i guess i will blanket cornell and down. hows MASON?

thanks all for the answrs thus far

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:I'd toss my ED at UCLA if you're into the cal market.

The real question here is are you trying to gain acceptance to a specific dream school? Or are you trying to get into the best school you can no matter where it is (it seems like the latter).

You have a better shot at Texas than GULC/Cornell IMO (the 25 is 164 and you're above the 25 for GPA).

WUSTL,BU,GW could also be good choices.

If you apply to Cornell and below and canvas them you should get at least one between 15-25

Unless OP is a Texas resident, UT is out. GULC and Cornell are definitely the best chances for T14, but unlikely. UCLA and USC are the highest-ranked schools that I think you have a good chance for. Other than that, blanket WUSTL through BC and see what you get. You'll be a mild splitter at every school except ND, so slightly better outlooks at WUSTL, GW, UMinn, UIUC and IU-B.

Emory is great for the SE and you'd probably get good money there.

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 pm

myungstunn wrote:props for the advice.

yeah, wouldnt Texas be a closer bet (than GULC)? I would definetely be willing to go there.

and yes, you are definetely right, im trying to go to the best school possible...A higher priority than that would be getting the best job possible (subjective, but for me at the moment is big law)

so i guess i will blanket cornell and down. hows MASON?

thanks all for the answrs thus far

You can get good money at better schools than Mason. GMU should only be on your radar if you want DC and are very debt-averse.

Return to “What are my chances?”