3.58/171 (multiple LSAT scores) ED to NYU?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
androidhu

3.58/171 (multiple LSAT scores) ED to NYU?

Postby androidhu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:15 pm

There have been some posts with numbers similar to mine, so I apologize for being redundant. But my question specifically regards my chance at NYU through ED and I would really appreciate your opinion.

I was originally going to ED to Penn. But lawschoolnumbers.com seems to indicate that I have a decent shot at Penn through RD (around 50/50 i think?) and even though I don't get Penn, I feel like I would likely to get at least one among Mich, VA, and Berkeley which are peer schools. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

So I am thinking about EDing to NYU because it is my last resort to crack T-6. One concern is that I heard NYU still averages LSAT scores. Is this true? I have taken LSAT three times (167, 171, 169 chronologically)
so that would make my score 169 with which I think I would have no chance at all.

But if NYU gives more weight to my highest score, I think there is a slim chance that I will get waitlisted, and then accepted later on.

Do you guys think I have a chance at all? Is it worth trying? Or, shall I forget about it and ED to somewhere else?

JamMasterJ

Re: 3.58/171 (multiple LSAT scores) ED to NYU?

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm

androidhu wrote:There have been some posts with numbers similar to mine, so I apologize for being redundant. But my question specifically regards my chance at NYU through ED and I would really appreciate your opinion.

I was originally going to ED to Penn. But lawschoolnumbers.com seems to indicate that I have a decent shot at Penn through RD (around 50/50 i think?) and even though I don't get Penn, I feel like I would likely to get at least one among Mich, VA, and Berkeley which are peer schools. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

So I am thinking about EDing to NYU because it is my last resort to crack T-6. One concern is that I heard NYU still averages LSAT scores. Is this true? I have taken LSAT three times (167, 171, 169 chronologically)
so that would make my score 169 with which I think I would have no chance at all.

But if NYU gives more weight to my highest score, I think there is a slim chance that I will get waitlisted, and then accepted later on.

Do you guys think I have a chance at all? Is it worth trying? Or, shall I forget about it and ED to somewhere else?

I think their median's a 172, so even if they give the 171 the most weight, it's pretty iffy. On the other hand, you could ED there, and if that fails, ED UVA late and almost definitely get in. I think you'll probably get one of MVP (not B), but if you value Penn more than M and V, then it might be better to take the (fairly) sure thing

Tiago Splitter

Re: 3.58/171 (multiple LSAT scores) ED to NYU?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I say ED NYU if you really want it. Otherwise you have a chance at some money from Michigan and even potentially from Penn, not to mention schools further down the rankings. But I am a big fan of the ED to the school just above your numbers that you are dying to get into. If this is NYU for you, take the plunge.

UVA is a nice backup plan through the late ED route, as JMJ said. One thing to note about UVA: it's nearly impossible to get in regular decision unless you are an in-state resident due to their in-state quota and love of ED apps.

Return to “What are my chances?”