3.72/173, chances at money?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Woobinator11
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Woobinator11 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:17 am

Looking at all the predictors, i have a pretty good idea of my chances at various schools. Im curious tho, how much money i can expect. Medium to strong softs, good PS.

If i manage to get into any t6 (which im hoping for, esp NYU/Col), im not realistically expecting anything.

How about for MVPB on down, what would they be throwing my way? Also, would i be able to use that to get something out of CCN if i get in any of those?

Thanks.

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 am

only cash I think you'd get would be from Michigan and Cornell/GULC

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby vincanity1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:28 am

3.77 173 here so Ive done my own share of research on our stats. You're looking at 90ish from UVA, 75ish from duke, 75ish from mich, and some money from one of ccn IMO

Woobinator11
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Woobinator11 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 am

Conflicted feedback. Interesting... any other thoughts?

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby dakure » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:38 am

vincanity1 wrote:3.77 173 here so Ive done my own share of research on our stats. You're looking at 90ish from UVA, 75ish from duke, 75ish from mich, and some money from one of ccn IMO

is credited.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby $1.99 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 am

yeah moo moo doesn't know what he is talking about. it is obvious from his other responses in threads (recommending a 171/3.85 to ED to MVP instead of CCN? funny how you are EDing to CCN with a 170/165/3.5 yet advising others differently).

You will get about $10k - 30K from CCN. (I got 20K from NYU and 20K from Columbia with a 3.9/171)

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 am

well $1.99 makes 5 different troll threads a day about how he got into CCN but is re-applying to all kinds of schools so there's that. His post history is entertaining.

I'm EDing because I really want to go to that school, if the OP had told me the same I would have told him to do so.

Realistically and strategically if all that matters is prestige/ranking and there are no personal factors involved than I believe you should ED to MVP which is what I advised.

No need to be an ass.
Last edited by Moomoo2u on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby tyro » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:36 am

Based on brief perusal of LSN, looks like good shot at 75k at Michigan & UVA + about 40-50k at Penn. I'm not sure if the Cornell response is backed by data. They seem to favor a higher GPA and slighly lower LSAT for significant scholly.

Woobinator11
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Woobinator11 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 am

How much are initial offers capable of being increased after negotiating with schools?

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby sunynp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:20 am

There are about a million threads on negotiating money. Some schools won't, others do and it can depend on where else you are accepted, how much the school wants you and how much they have left to offer.

User avatar
cucullu
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby cucullu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:45 am

tyro wrote:Based on brief perusal of LSN, looks like good shot at 75k at Michigan & UVA + about 40-50k at Penn. I'm not sure if the Cornell response is backed by data. They seem to favor a higher GPA and slighly lower LSAT for significant scholly.


Apply early though. I applied toward the end and got 67.5 from Michigan and nothing from CN, Penn, etc., with 3.85/173 and strong softs. I didn't try negotiating because I'd already settled on going elsewhere, but I wasn't terribly optimistic about my chances of garnering more $ had I needed to. Scholarships dry up toward the end. Good luck!

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby kwais » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 am

$1.99 wrote:yeah moo moo doesn't know what he is talking about. it is obvious from his other responses in threads (recommending a 171/3.85 to ED to MVP instead of CCN? funny how you are EDing to CCN with a 170/165/3.5 yet advising others differently).

You will get about $10k - 30K from CCN. (I got 20K from NYU and 20K from Columbia with a 3.9/171)


big difference b/n 3.7 and 3.9

Woobinator11
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Woobinator11 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:32 am

kwais wrote:big difference b/n 3.7 and 3.9


3.9/171 pretty similar to 3.72/173?

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby $1.99 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:57 pm

yeah but i had a 171, he has a 173. go look on lsn for other ppl, i think my experience was pretty common except for those who got a named scholarship

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby $1.99 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:well $1.99 makes 5 different troll threads a day about how he got into CCN but is re-applying to all kinds of schools so there's that. His post history is entertaining.

I'm EDing because I really want to go to that school, if the OP had told me the same I would have told him to do so.

Realistically and strategically if all that matters is prestige/ranking and there are no personal factors involved than I believe you should ED to MVP which is what I advised.

No need to be an ass.


lol just because you "really want" to go NYU, they aren't going to take you. both your numbers are either at or below their 25th% even if we ignore your 165. the only thing you have going for you is that you are an URM, but you are not mexican/african american so you will only get a slight boost. you are delusional kid. you need to stop giving ppl bad advice and go work on your pitiful ps that you have now taken off. i know your mother is too kind to tell you that you have no shot, but i will tell you right now that you are not going to NYU. why don't you ED to MVP and take your own advice.

and since when does NYU have more prestige than michigan and penn? if you are a prestige whore why don't you ED to columbia instead? because you know you have no shot at columbia, but you don't want to admit the same for NYU even though they have very similar admission standards.

User avatar
Montevillian
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Montevillian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 pm

$1.99 wrote:
Moomoo2u wrote:well $1.99 makes 5 different troll threads a day about how he got into CCN but is re-applying to all kinds of schools so there's that. His post history is entertaining.

I'm EDing because I really want to go to that school, if the OP had told me the same I would have told him to do so.

Realistically and strategically if all that matters is prestige/ranking and there are no personal factors involved than I believe you should ED to MVP which is what I advised.

No need to be an ass.


lol just because you "really want" to go NYU, they aren't going to take you. both your numbers are either at or below their 25th% even if we ignore your 165. the only thing you have going for you is that you are an URM, but you are not mexican/african american so you will only get a slight boost. you are delusional kid. you need to stop giving ppl bad advice and go work on your pitiful ps that you have now taken off. i know your mother is too kind to tell you that you have no shot, but i will tell you right now that you are not going to NYU. why don't you ED to MVP and take your own advice.

and since when does NYU have more prestige than michigan and penn? if you are a prestige whore why don't you ED to columbia instead? because you know you have no shot at columbia, but you don't want to admit the same for NYU even though they have very similar admission standards.



Y'all need to stop hijacking this thread; go fight somewhere else, seriously.

OP: Sorry, I don't think I can add anything to what everyone else has said. I just can't stand bickering in on-topic threads.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15515
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 pm

You are in good shape for some money from Columbia or NYU. Above both medians is a magical place to be.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: 3.72/173, chances at money?

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 pm

I had a slightly better GPA, though not enough to really make a categorical difference, and a sufficiently better LSAT, and got small money at Columbia and UChicago and ~65K at NYU. Tbf, I also didn't submit financial aid apps to CCN, which might have signaled disinterest. Posters on here who demonstrated more interest, with higher GPAs, but your LSAT received much more money than I did at UChi.

(Didn't apply to M or P, WL'ed at V(but didn't write a Why V), and withdrew from B before money awards came in. )




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests