Seriously freaking out and panicking

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
grimfan

Re: Seriously freaking out and panicking

Postby grimfan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:59 pm

2012prospective wrote:The medians for the Class of 2014 are listed on their website (see the link below) as 170 and 3.86, so you may have been misinformed on the phone.

http://www.law.upenn.edu/blogs/news/arc ... _2014.html

LOL.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 am

Dude the worst possible outcome is that you'll get rejected. In that case I'm sure you'll get in somewhere else, and you can always reapply next cycle. It's not that big of a deal.

avemundi

Postby avemundi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:53 am

grimfan wrote:
2012prospective wrote:The medians for the Class of 2014 are listed on their website (see the link below) as 170 and 3.86, so you may have been misinformed on the phone.

LOL.

Wow. I feel so ridiculous. Sorry for the hysteria everyone - in my defense, I did convey the information I was given over the phone. Who knew I was being punk'd :)

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:41 am

dr123 wrote:Dude the worst possible outcome is that you'll get rejected. In that case I'm sure you'll get in somewhere else, and you can always reapply next cycle. It's not that big of a deal.

Hey, man, you only go to LS once. If Penn is his dream, who are we to downplay the pain and disappointment of a potential rejection?

Plus, waiting a year would suck, and you have to go through the burden/expense of applying again (and perhaps taking the LSAT, too).

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:52 pm

avemundi wrote:
grimfan wrote:

LOL.

Wow. I feel so ridiculous. Sorry for the hysteria everyone - in my defense, I did convey the information I was given over the phone. Who knew I was being punk'd :)

I feel slightly responsible for this one as well. I told ave that given this year's (somewhat overenrolled) class size, I wouldn't be surprised if next year's medians go up.

Unless you really believe Penn is worth sticker over MVD (which I personally don't), I'd say 170 is too high to justifiably ED. You'd be sacrificing up to a half-tuition scholly. With your numbers though, you should get at least one of MVPD anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

avemundi

Postby avemundi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:55 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
avemundi wrote:
grimfan wrote:

LOL.

I feel slightly responsible for this one as well. I told ave that given this year's (somewhat overenrolled) class size, I wouldn't be surprised if next year's medians go up.

Unless you really believe Penn is worth sticker over MVD (which I personally don't), I'd say 170 is too high to justifiably ED. You'd be sacrificing up to a half-tuition scholly. With your numbers though, you should get at least one of MVPD anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

Nahh....this whole 'sky is falling' charade is all mine HW ;)

Return to “What are my chances?”