No undergraduate GPA- scholarship chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sfamor

New

No undergraduate GPA- scholarship chances?

Post by sfamor » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Hello- I have not yet taken the LSAT, but based on practice tests I will probably score in the high 160's. I do not have an undergraduate GPA, because my college utilized an evaluation system instead of grades (yes, I went to a hippy school!!). I have spoken with the pre-law adviser from my college and am not concerned about actually getting into law school as students from college have attended a range of top law schools, but I do worry about not being offered any scholarships or grants, etc. I might have this wrong, but it's my understanding that law schools offer scholarships to entice those with top scores/GPA's, to matriculate in order to boost the school's rankings. If I don't have a GPA, is it possible to get offered a scholarship based only on an LSAT?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: No undergraduate GPA- scholarship chances?

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

sfamor wrote: If I don't have a GPA, is it possible to get offered a scholarship based only on an LSAT?
Yes.

Bodhi_mind

Bronze

Post by Bodhi_mind » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

If you don't have a GPA then you definitely need a real LSAT score

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Take an easy course at a community college. Instant 4.0.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:35 pm

You didn't go to Evergreen, did you?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfamor

New

Post by sfamor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:59 pm

I went to Hampshire College in MA. I actually DO have some grades from two semesters studying abroad, a community college study summer class, and a couple classes taken as part of an inter-college exchange with nearby schools. I would say about 1/3 of my classes were actually graded, although not by my own college. I'm confused as to whether LSAC will combine the grades that I do have into a GPA or not. It seems kind of unfair if they do because it's not really representative. Anyone know how they'll handle it? I also have a 3.96 GPA from completing Masters in Social Welfare program from UC Berkeley, so hoping that will be looked on favorably although I know not as important as a high undergrad GPA.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:26 pm

sfamor wrote:I went to Hampshire College in MA. I actually DO have some grades from two semesters studying abroad, a community college study summer class, and a couple classes taken as part of an inter-college exchange with nearby schools. I would say about 1/3 of my classes were actually graded, although not by my own college. I'm confused as to whether LSAC will combine the grades that I do have into a GPA or not. It seems kind of unfair if they do because it's not really representative. Anyone know how they'll handle it? I also have a 3.96 GPA from completing Masters in Social Welfare program from UC Berkeley, so hoping that will be looked on favorably although I know not as important as a high undergrad GPA.
http://www.lsac.org/jd/Help/faqs-cas.asp#gpa-different

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”