Is an ED necessary

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheZoid

Is an ED necessary

Postby TheZoid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:55 pm

So I'm a sub 3 splitter considering an ED to NU. Need to grab a few more points on the LSAT to even have a shot but I'm just curious as to whether or not an ED is absolutely necessary. I'd obviously like to consider schollys and all that, but don't want to take myself out of the game totally by not EDing, and my numbers are very marginal so I'm torn as to the best course of action. Thoughts?

crumpetsandtea

Re: Is an ED necessary

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:03 pm

TheZoid wrote:So I'm a sub 3 splitter considering an ED to NU. Need to grab a few more points on the LSAT to even have a shot but I'm just curious as to whether or not an ED is absolutely necessary. I'd obviously like to consider schollys and all that, but don't want to take myself out of the game totally by not EDing, and my numbers are very marginal so I'm torn as to the best course of action. Thoughts?

I think for sub-3 it is necessary. Esp if you don't have WE.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 pm

With a sub 3 you should not expect much scholly at all in the T14, and certainly not in the T6. I would ED, then if they ding you turn around and ED to UVA.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:42 pm

WUSTL should throw money at you if you are 168 or better.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Just to clarify a few issues. I do have work experience. 2 years currently, will be 3 or 4 by the time I matriculate, depending on whether I decide to enroll in fall '12 or '13. I do have a 168, but am retaking in October hoping for 170+. I have very little doubt that I would be rejected by NU even ED with my current score, but 2 or 3 more points might put me in the game. Wasn't saying that I expect money in the T-14, though I did lol at the thought of that. I am applyiing to schools ranging all the way down to 60 so thinking I may get some dough from schools a little lower down. Thanks for the responses. I don't about money from a school like WUSTL with my GPA, but that's why I'm curious about the ED, because I would like to way my options. Sticker at any school, even T-14, is a scary proposition and I might ultimately defer my acceptance (if it did happen) to work a little more and be able to pay for part of it up front.

Return to “What are my chances?”