3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chris belden
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby chris belden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm

I have recently been thinking that I want to go to law school and am wondering what I need to do to get in to a decent school.

Graduated 2008 with a BFA in graphic design. Have been working since 2008 as a graphic designer. Yea, I understand my GPA is really bad, especially for an art degree (although, if it makes a difference, my grades went up as I progressed each year, getting ~3.5 my junior/senior year)... So I am wondering what kind of LSAT score I would need to get in one of the following schools:

Temple
Delaware
Widener
UPenn (longshot, i know)

Also, any other school in the Philadelphia area I may have missed as well. Price is definately a concern, so I would really love to be able to go to Temple.

Also, if you could give some insight on which cycle to apply in, given that I have not taken the LSATs yet.

chris belden
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby chris belden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:18 pm

of course after I make this thread, I decide to read the FAQ thread and fool around with the Law School Calc link... Seems a score of about 165-170 would go a long way. I think what I will do is take the LSAT and re-evaluate and go from there... Feel free to post any advice you may have.

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:23 pm

3.0 is probably too low for penn unless you score a mid-high 170. If you do then apply as early as possible next cycle and write a very convincing PS/DS/Why Penn.

chris belden
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby chris belden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

will definately apply to Penn even though it is probably a longshot, b/c my mom works there and if I went, I would get 75% off.

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 pm

chris belden wrote:will definately apply to Penn even though it is probably a longshot, b/c my mom works there and if I went, I would get 75% off.


sounds like you have another advantage there as well.

For now focusing on getting a mid 170 LSAT score is all you should worry about.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:
chris belden wrote:will definately apply to Penn even though it is probably a longshot, b/c my mom works there and if I went, I would get 75% off.


sounds like you have another advantage there as well.

For now focusing on getting a mid 170 LSAT score is all you should worry about.

Not only an advantage, a pretty damn big piece of motivation for getting that LSAT score. A great school at a huge discount.

chris belden
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby chris belden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Moomoo2u wrote:
chris belden wrote:will definately apply to Penn even though it is probably a longshot, b/c my mom works there and if I went, I would get 75% off.


sounds like you have another advantage there as well.

For now focusing on getting a mid 170 LSAT score is all you should worry about.

Not only an advantage, a pretty damn big piece of motivation for getting that LSAT score. A great school at a huge discount.



thanks for the input guys... now all i have to do is get a mid 170's LSAT score :shock:

i have not begun studying yet... do you think I should register for the december test or just wait until february 2012?

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

take a timed PT and see how you do. Then you'll know.

doing_it_in_a_car
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 3.0 GPA, LSAT ??? - Philadelphia schools only

Postby doing_it_in_a_car » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 pm

.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros and 1 guest