3.6 ugpa 152 on practice tests

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
MellowMantis

Re: 3.6 ugpa 152 on practice tests

Postby MellowMantis » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
MellowMantis wrote: Didn't I already tell you I didn't want your advice? Get lost.

mmmk.

PS: Are you one of those people who go to Law School because a lot of people have told them they like arguing and they'd make a good lawyer?

Yes you are correct. That is actually the only reason I'm going to law school.

pacers3177

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

If you do get a mid 150s score, Rutgers-Newark could still be an option. They have an option on their app in which they can consider your resume and gpa much more so than you LSAT. This is an unpredictable process anyway though. I got rejected from South Carolina but got into IU-Bloomington. Just do the best you can and take your chances.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:54 pm

MellowMantis wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
MellowMantis wrote: Didn't I already tell you I didn't want your advice? Get lost.

mmmk.

PS: Are you one of those people who go to Law School because a lot of people have told them they like arguing and they'd make a good lawyer?

Notsureifsrs

Wow Rutgers must be some toilet of a UG. Listen dude, pull your LSAT up to something respectable. Your list sucks and you wont get a job and will likely have tons of handcuffing debt. Take some time off and really study using LSAT prep threads as a roadmap. It's in your best interest that people say dont go to these shitbag law schools with your abysmal score.

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:

mmmk.

Notsureifsrs

Wow Rutgers must be some toilet of a UG. Listen dude, pull your LSAT up to something respectable. Your list sucks and you wont get a job and will likely have tons of handcuffing debt. Take some time off and really study using LSAT prep threads as a roadmap. It's in your best interest that people say dont go to these shitbag law schools with your abysmal score.

This is some forum. Come looking for advice and you just get people who like to make fun of you and insult you. Have fun with your forum. I'm done with this.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:11 am

MellowMantis wrote:This is some forum. Come looking for advice and you just get people who like to make fun of you and insult you. Have fun with your forum. I'm done with this.

FWIW OP would have been a shitty lawyer anyway.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

bport hopeful wrote:This is all sorts of bad TLSing.

Disagree. I have found in this thread all seven levels of arguments. That's the highest honor a thread can achieve.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:10 am

I should have read this thread yesterday. I'm in the same boat. 3.67 GPA, best PT 154. LG is the bane of my existence. Is there a major disadvantage to taking the October test and retaking in December, or should I just cut my losses (registration fee) and only take the December test?

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 am

Jimbola wrote:I should have read this thread yesterday. I'm in the same boat. 3.67 GPA, best PT 154. LG is the bane of my existence. Is there a major disadvantage to taking the October test and retaking in December, or should I just cut my losses (registration fee) and only take the December test?

Depends on how close you get by test date. LG is super learnable though. Its good that thats your worst section.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks for the hope! Is there enough time to get the Powerscore Bible and actually put it to good use or should I just continue to practice and plug away?

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Jimbola wrote:Thanks for the hope! Is there enough time to get the Powerscore Bible and actually put it to good use or should I just continue to practice and plug away?

I didnt do Power Score so I dont really know. What have you done so far?

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:37 pm

I tried the princeton review book, but it was useless to me.

Almost finishing up the Testmasters course which has been extremely helpful. Testmasters gives you enough practice questions to last a lifetime too.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Jimbola wrote:I tried the princeton review book, but it was useless to me.

Almost finishing up the Testmasters course which has been extremely helpful. Testmasters gives you enough practice questions to last a lifetime too.

Then yeah, maybe you should do Power Score.

Just doing practice tests isnt enough. You need to know what youre doing wrong and how to fix and the strategies to implement.

If you arent using any real strategy right now, and you start to, you can make huge jumps in LG.

I went from getting like half right, to not really missing any.

AffordablePrep

Postby AffordablePrep » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Jimbola wrote:I tried the princeton review book, but it was useless to me.

I would be careful about learning brand new techniques approaches so close to your test date if you're sticking with October.

If possible, I would try to incorporate what the bible has into your own approach without making any drastic changes.

Ideally, you should keep doing what you're doing just taking full tests, and reviewing your answers. It is very late to be learning how to attack an assumption question, etc. It is not uncommon to go down at first when you learn a new approach before jumping back up, which is why I think it may be a bad move.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 pm

I suppose I will peruse the Powerbible at barnes and noble and see if it is worth my time at this point. If not and I need to re-take I'll def use it for December.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Jimbola wrote:I suppose I will peruse the Powerbible at barnes and noble and see if it is worth my time at this point. If not and I need to re-take I'll def use it for December.

You need some kind of strategy man. The whole test is strategy and repetition.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:49 pm

to the OP, I looked at this thread and I am sorry to say that i do think you misunderstand why everyone is railing on you due to this whole possible/reasonable thing. These two words are really quite different, and I don't mean in the grammatical sense. Those people who said it was POSSIBLE to raise your score by 10 pts actually did answer your question and DID NOT intend to inflame you, but you misinterpreted it.

it's like the difference between many and most. Also, if you get angry and pissed off at the treatment you are getting here, then perhaps you would be better off not going to law schools since most professors are hard asses (nice albeit) that use the Socratic method to its fullest humiliating potential.

Bodhi_mind

Postby Bodhi_mind » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm sad I didn't get to this thread before mantis left :(. To Jimbola, I would really get the LG Bible. It's the best resource out there, and can help raise your score dramatically. If anything just delay taking the LSAT until you get your LG score where it needs to be. Best of luck to you.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:46 am

Yeah, I think I'm going to take the October test either way since most schools take the highest score anyway, and most likely re-take in December depending on my score. So I'll just keep plugin' on.

Bodhi_mind

Postby Bodhi_mind » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 am

That sounds right on Jimbola. Good luck!

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks Bodhi. And you are all completely right about being able to improve in Logic Games the most. I've been really beating myself over the head with them practice wise and I'm seeing vast improvement. Less than two weeks to go!

Return to “What are my chances?”