a

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
abccc

a

Postby abccc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:25 pm

re
Last edited by abccc on Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Samara

Re: Splitter Chances?

Postby Samara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi, almost-numbers twin. Here's what I think:

Columbia - Deny
Chicago - Deny
NYU - WL/Deny
Mich - WL/Accept
Penn - WL
UVA - If ED WL/Accept
Duke - Deny
NU - Accept
Cornell - WL
Georgetown - Accept
UT-Austin - Deny
UCLA - WL
Vanderbilt - WL
USC - WL

Yeah, LSP is pretty sketchy for splitters because of GPA floors. I compiled a bunch of info on this here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=162680

abccc

Postby abccc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback Samara. Quick question: do you think an ED to a reach school such as NYU or Penn could give us enough boost to get in? Or do you think we are pretty much out of luck either way?

Also: Thank God Leon moved to NYC ;-)

abccc

Postby abccc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

anyone anyone???

LawSchoolChampion

Postby LawSchoolChampion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 pm

If you aren't URM (which you're not), a lot of those schools may be reaches. NU is probably good as they love the high LSAT and accept quite low GPAs, and maybe GULC and Cornell, but I haven't seen many splitter friendly results without URM status.

I could be wrong though.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 pm

abccc wrote:Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback Samara. Quick question: do you think an ED to a reach school such as NYU or Penn could give us enough boost to get in? Or do you think we are pretty much out of luck either way?

+10000 to this

I'll tell you what I'm doing. If my cycle plays out as expected, I'll be attending Northwestern next year. For me, that's perfect because I want Chicago. Wherever you want, it's still a great fit because it has national portability. I was tempted to ED to Northwestern and be done with it, but I feel like I'll regret not maximizing my cycle if I don't get dinged somewhere. If you look at this guy, you'll see that a 3.09/178/good softs got him dinged at CCN, but waitlisted at Harvard. So, I think the chances of getting H or CCN are small, but they aren't nonzero. Personally, I plan to ED to Chicago because it's my perfect school and RD to Harvard. I don't expect to get in, but I feel like I should give it a chance. I would say that your ED is about even for Penn v. NYU (NYU looks a tad more splitter-friendly), but the best way to go if you're not picky about the T14 is to ED ASAP to Virginia (which has super-quick turnaround time) and if not admitted, ED to Michigan if you're willing to do summer start or to Penn or NYU.

abccc

Postby abccc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:13 am

Samara wrote:
abccc wrote:Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback Samara. Quick question: do you think an ED to a reach school such as NYU or Penn could give us enough boost to get in? Or do you think we are pretty much out of luck either way?

+10000 to this

I'll tell you what I'm doing. If my cycle plays out as expected, I'll be attending Northwestern next year. For me, that's perfect because I want Chicago. Wherever you want, it's still a great fit because it has national portability. I was tempted to ED to Northwestern and be done with it, but I feel like I'll regret not maximizing my cycle if I don't get dinged somewhere. If you look at this guy, you'll see that a 3.09/178/good softs got him dinged at CCN, but waitlisted at Harvard. So, I think the chances of getting H or CCN are small, but they aren't nonzero. Personally, I plan to ED to Chicago because it's my perfect school and RD to Harvard. I don't expect to get in, but I feel like I should give it a chance. I would say that your ED is about even for Penn v. NYU (NYU looks a tad more splitter-friendly), but the best way to go if you're not picky about the T14 is to ED ASAP to Virginia (which has super-quick turnaround time) and if not admitted, ED to Michigan if you're willing to do summer start or to Penn or NYU.

Cool, thanks for the advice. Best of luck with Chicago!

Return to “What are my chances?”