What are my chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lvnrbrt
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm

What are my chances?

Postby lvnrbrt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 pm

I have a 3.44 UGPA 166 on my LSATs. I am currently enrolled in a Masters of Science in Taxation program and currently have a 4.0 GPA. As an undergrade I triple majored in Accounting, Finance and Economics, started my own tutoring company and worked 20-25 hours a week (hence the lower GPA) I will graduate with my MST in Decemeber and will have passed all 4 sections of my CPA exam. I plan on applying within the next 2 weeks as I am almost all done. I am not opposed to retaking my LSAT as I got a 166 without any studying I am sure with some amount of preparation I could go up at least a point or two. My question is how do I stack up and what are my chances for the following schools:

UF
FSU
UM
Emory
UVA
Wake Forest
Georgetown
NYU
BC
BU

Thank you everyone for your imput and advice, this is my first time here.

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: What are my chances?

Postby am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 pm

retake it. if you get 170+ you can get into most of these schools with $.

assuming no retake:

UF - in with $
FSU - in with $
UM - in with $
Emory - in
UVA -out
Wake Forest - in
Georgetown - waitlisted
NYU - out
BC - in
BU - in

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15524
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: What are my chances?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:00 pm

am060459 wrote:retake it. if you get 170+ you can get into most of these schools with $.

assuming no retake:

UF - in with $
FSU - in with $
UM - in with $
Emory - in
UVA -out
Wake Forest - in
Georgetown - waitlisted
NYU - out
BC - in
BU - in


I'd say out at BC and BU.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: What are my chances?

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
am060459 wrote:retake it. if you get 170+ you can get into most of these schools with $.

assuming no retake:

UF - in with $
FSU - in with $
UM - in with $
Emory - in
UVA -out
Wake Forest - in
Georgetown - waitlisted
NYU - out
BC - in
BU - in


I'd say out at BC and BU.


That sounds right to me. And I think that GULC will be straight reject rather than WL. Emory prob waitlist would be my guess.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What are my chances?

Postby Grizz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Just be a CPA.

lvnrbrt
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: What are my chances?

Postby lvnrbrt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank you everyone. Also, I got my transcript analysis back, I actually have a 3.48 UGPA, does that make a significant difference? Also, how much money do you think I would get at UF, FSU and UM?

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: What are my chances?

Postby deadpanic » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 pm

lvnrbrt wrote:Thank you everyone. Also, I got my transcript analysis back, I actually have a 3.48 UGPA, does that make a significant difference? Also, how much money do you think I would get at UF, FSU and UM?


3.44 to 3.48? No difference.

But really, you should just be a CPA.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest