3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UnamSanctam

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:See you in AA. I am a little surprised you're not bowing out of the cycle and reapplying to HYSCCN next cycle.

I'm 32 years old...and not getting any younger. ;)

But also, I'm so excited about starting law school and entering a new career field. I just can't wait! It's killing me just trying to wait until May!

And Michigan is such an awesome school, the highest ranked public school, great placement in academia, close-knit student body, beautiful campus...and most of all, it just feels right.

And I've already invested in maize and blue additions to my wardrobe. ;) GO BLUE!!!

Fair enough. I'm sure I'll see more of you over the next three years. :D

ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

sach1282 wrote:Lady in Red, I remember you because you were the first person to give me odds in the "guess where the above poster is attending" thread. I can't believe you did so amazing on the December retake, huge congratulations. You told me NYU, but I might end up at Michigan too. With COL plus a scholarship offer from Michigan, NYU would put me $80,000 more in debt. Plus, I visited Michigan and loved it and NYC is not for me.

It's meant to be! You should email Dean Z and ask if you can be a summer starter! :D

By all accounts, Michigan is a seriously special place. You won't regret it if you go blue.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:05 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.

True. But U of Chicago definitely isn't for me. And even if I could get into HYS (don't forget, GPA is still 3.73) -- I already feel loyal to U Mich. :)

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
It's meant to be! You should email Dean Z and ask if you can be a summer starter! :D

By all accounts, Michigan is a seriously special place. You won't regret it if you go blue.

Actually, I already did. I received my summer start confirmation in the mail about a week ago :D

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm

sach1282 wrote:I received my summer start confirmation in the mail about a week ago :D

YAY!!! :D

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.

True. But U of Chicago definitely isn't for me. And even if I could get into HYS (don't forget, GPA is still 3.73) -- I already feel loyal to U Mich. :)

As I said, as a Michigan native whose had the dream of going to Michigan for a very long time, I can only support you. :D

Although, since I'm in UG, they offered to let me switch to fall start. I took them up on the offer, so I won't be summer start with the non-UG EDers.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:As I said, as a Michigan native whose had the dream of going to Michigan for a very long time, I can only support you. :D

Although, since I'm in UG, they offered to let me switch to fall start. I took them up on the offer, so I won't be summer start with the non-UG EDers.

Then I'll see you this fall! I'll be the lady in BLUE! ;)

Congrats on getting your dream school! Michigan really is a dream come true for me. (I keep hearing the Simon & Garfunkel line in my head: "Michigan seems like a dream to me now..." Can't wait until it's a reality!)

Return to “What are my chances?”