3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7170
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:See you in AA. I am a little surprised you're not bowing out of the cycle and reapplying to HYSCCN next cycle.


I'm 32 years old...and not getting any younger. ;)

But also, I'm so excited about starting law school and entering a new career field. I just can't wait! It's killing me just trying to wait until May!

And Michigan is such an awesome school, the highest ranked public school, great placement in academia, close-knit student body, beautiful campus...and most of all, it just feels right.

And I've already invested in maize and blue additions to my wardrobe. ;) GO BLUE!!!


Fair enough. I'm sure I'll see more of you over the next three years. :D

ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.

User avatar
Lady in Red
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

sach1282 wrote:Lady in Red, I remember you because you were the first person to give me odds in the "guess where the above poster is attending" thread. I can't believe you did so amazing on the December retake, huge congratulations. You told me NYU, but I might end up at Michigan too. With COL plus a scholarship offer from Michigan, NYU would put me $80,000 more in debt. Plus, I visited Michigan and loved it and NYC is not for me.


It's meant to be! You should email Dean Z and ask if you can be a summer starter! :D

By all accounts, Michigan is a seriously special place. You won't regret it if you go blue.

User avatar
Lady in Red
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:05 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.


True. But U of Chicago definitely isn't for me. And even if I could get into HYS (don't forget, GPA is still 3.73) -- I already feel loyal to U Mich. :)

User avatar
sach1282
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby sach1282 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
It's meant to be! You should email Dean Z and ask if you can be a summer starter! :D

By all accounts, Michigan is a seriously special place. You won't regret it if you go blue.


Actually, I already did. I received my summer start confirmation in the mail about a week ago :D

User avatar
Lady in Red
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm

sach1282 wrote:I received my summer start confirmation in the mail about a week ago :D


YAY!!! :D

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7170
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:ETA: Although, if you want to go into academia, Michigan doesn't place as well as HYS and Chicago. But I'm sure you knew that already.


True. But U of Chicago definitely isn't for me. And even if I could get into HYS (don't forget, GPA is still 3.73) -- I already feel loyal to U Mich. :)


As I said, as a Michigan native whose had the dream of going to Michigan for a very long time, I can only support you. :D

Although, since I'm in UG, they offered to let me switch to fall start. I took them up on the offer, so I won't be summer start with the non-UG EDers.

User avatar
Lady in Red
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

Re: 3.73 167 Cornell, Michigan, Penn

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:As I said, as a Michigan native whose had the dream of going to Michigan for a very long time, I can only support you. :D

Although, since I'm in UG, they offered to let me switch to fall start. I took them up on the offer, so I won't be summer start with the non-UG EDers.


Then I'll see you this fall! I'll be the lady in BLUE! ;)

Congrats on getting your dream school! Michigan really is a dream come true for me. (I keep hearing the Simon & Garfunkel line in my head: "Michigan seems like a dream to me now..." Can't wait until it's a reality!)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests