3.6 gpa, switching from pre-med

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
matthewbbuck

3.6 gpa, switching from pre-med

Postby matthewbbuck » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Hey all,

I'm entering my senior year at a large public uni in new england, and I'm thinking about law school. I've been pre-med for my 3 years, but i'm starting to have second doubts about it. My father thinks it's a good idea to look at law school; he's a lawyer, graduated from BU

I've got a 3.61 in a biological sciences major, haven't taken the lsat yet, but i took a practice one without really studying and got a 165. What sort of schools am i looking at with those numbers, and what lsat would i need to get into a solid law school? I'm also a CT resident

any chance BU LOVES legacy students? lol, just kidding

Thanks everyone!

barry

Re: 3.6 gpa, switching from pre-med

Postby barry » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

just go to med school man, prospects even out of the best (T14) schools aren't that great, and if you can't get in a T13 don't even bother. Not really trying to be rude, but I imagine you would have much better odds at a good career coming out of med school, in fact i'm sure of it

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Not sure if serious...but uh...don't do it unless your dad is going to hire you after graduation.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Why have you changed your mind about med-school? Med school is the better bet right now for nearly every applicant.

That said, with a 3.6 GPA and 165+ LSAT you stand a very good chance at BU. Just know that most people aren't getting lucrative jobs right now coming out of law school. In fact, that's an understatement.

If you really want to be a lawyer, do everything you can to boost your GPA above 3.7 and work hard to break 170 on the LSAT.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 pm

this is a good idea

matthewbbuck

Postby matthewbbuck » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Lol I was serious but I guess I should reconsider... Thanks for the advice!

gandolflundgren

Postby gandolflundgren » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:51 pm

I am currently going to Registered Nurse Schools and in a similar situation as you where I grew up with a family of Lawyers. Instead of following the family I decided to go with nursing because the short period of time to get a degree and job prospects down the line are excellent. If you think you would enjoy becoming a doctor over a lawyer I say stick with what you are doing.

Return to “What are my chances?”