3.63/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jlbk4

3.63/170

Postby jlbk4 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I was wondering what my chances are at a few schools. Before you ask, I am a white male, and I have a PhD in Psychology. The 3.63 reflects my undergraduate GPA which was obtained at a large, public university. I am currently a TX resident.

Anyway, the schools I wish to apply to are:
Columbia
NYU
Cornell
Northwestern
Michigan
UPenn
Chicago
Minnesota
Georgetown

What do you think? Do I have a shot at these schools or am I shooting too high? Are there any other schools you would recommend?

Thanks for your help!

grimfan

Re: 3.63/170

Postby grimfan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 pm

i have very similar stats as yours and i was told here that i had shots at mvp and down, especially with ED.

LawSchoolChampion

Postby LawSchoolChampion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:02 am

I'd say an easy in at NW.

I don't know how much the Ph.D. will be valued, honestly. Maybe someone else will have more information.

Your numbers aren't bad, but they aren't really "auto-admit".

nmare

Postby nmare » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 am

jlbk4 wrote:Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I was wondering what my chances are at a few schools. Before you ask, I am a white male, and I have a PhD in Psychology. The 3.63 reflects my undergraduate GPA which was obtained at a large, public university. I am currently a TX resident.

Anyway, the schools I wish to apply to are:
Columbia - out
NYU - out
Cornell - in
Northwestern - in
Michigan - wl/in
UPenn - wl/in
Chicago - out
Minnesota - in $$
Georgetown - in $$

What do you think? Do I have a shot at these schools or am I shooting too high? Are there any other schools you would recommend?

Thanks for your help!

jlbk4

Postby jlbk4 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks for the replies! What could I do to improve my chances at the schools that you predicted I would be wl at (UPenn and Michigan)? Also, should I even bother applying to CCN or is it at least worth a shot? I would happily apply ED at Michigan or UPenn (UPenn preferred since I'm from the east coast).

Thanks again!

grimfan

Postby grimfan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

jlbk4 wrote:Thanks for the replies! What could I do to improve my chances at the schools that you predicted I would be wl at (UPenn and Michigan)? Also, should I even bother applying to CCN or is it at least worth a shot? I would happily apply ED at Michigan or UPenn (UPenn preferred since I'm from the east coast).

Thanks again!

ED, and good "Why X" essays are probably the most you can do.

Haymarket

Postby Haymarket » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Columbia- Out/WL
NYU- WL
Cornell- In/WL
Northwestern- In/Small WL chance
Michigan- In/WL
UPenn-In/WL
Chicago-WL
Minnesota- In with $$$
Georgetown- In with $

Those are my predictions with all RDs. An ED would definitely change things at CCN and MP and increase your chances. Good luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”