UK International - where on the table should I be looking?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mark_LS

UK International - where on the table should I be looking?

Postby Mark_LS » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:50 am

Last edited by Mark_LS on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr123

Re: UK International - where on the table should I be looking?

Postby dr123 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:51 am

I don't think auditing classes at HLS is a soft bro.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:53 am

It is impossible to say without an LSAT score, especially since you will not have a regular LSAC GPA.

Mark_LS

Postby Mark_LS » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 pm

swc65 wrote:It is impossible to say without an LSAT score, especially since you will not have a regular LSAC GPA.

Oh, okay. Thanks anyway.

Assumed a more vague prediction would still be possible.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Mark_LS wrote:
swc65 wrote:It is impossible to say without an LSAT score, especially since you will not have a regular LSAC GPA.

Oh, okay. Thanks anyway.

Assumed a more vague prediction would still be possible.

You will only have one objective metric to help predict your acceptances when you apply. You are currently without that metric. So there's no way to tell.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

With a Superior, the only thing that will hold you back is your LSAT score. Shoot for 170+ and you should apply everywhere. Look at the LSAT medians for the schools you want to apply to. Anywhere your score is above median, you should probably be getting into. With a 170+ you have an extremely good shot at Columbia. HYS are more of a mystery; we haven't seen many internationals accepted there, probably because a Superior is so rare and that's what it looks like it takes. Check out the foreign applicants thread from this past cycle (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130045), it will be helpful.

Good luck!

Mark_LS

Postby Mark_LS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:47 pm

piccolittle wrote:With a Superior, the only thing that will hold you back is your LSAT score. Shoot for 170+ and you should apply everywhere. Look at the LSAT medians for the schools you want to apply to. Anywhere your score is above median, you should probably be getting into. With a 170+ you have an extremely good shot at Columbia. HYS are more of a mystery; we haven't seen many internationals accepted there, probably because a Superior is so rare and that's what it looks like it takes. Check out the foreign applicants thread from this past cycle (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=130045), it will be helpful.

Good luck!

Cheers mate, that actually really helps a lot. Columbia's the ideal anyways, so I'll be EDing there whatever happens.

Gonna try and get my PTs to start averaging 174ish before I feel completely confident (assuming I drop a few points on test day). Gonna take a lot of work, but this is nice motivation.

Thanks again!

Return to “What are my chances?”