Lewis and clark?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
deebo12
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Lewis and clark?

Postby deebo12 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:28 am

Thoughts? LSAT right at the 25th pretty much, and gpa - 3.4. I'd really, really like to go there. Not sure if being reasonably above the 25th in gpa will push enough towards making the cut. very good PS and good LoRs.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby spleenworship » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 am

deebo12 wrote:Thoughts? LSAT right at the 25th pretty much, and gpa - 3.4. I'd really, really like to go there. Not sure if being reasonably above the 25th in gpa will push enough towards making the cut. very good PS and good LoRs.


You are median for GPA. So the 25th percentile for LSAT isn't so good. You have a shot, but a very small shot. I would recommend retake.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby law4vus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 am

spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.

deebo12
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby deebo12 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 am

law4vus wrote:
spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.


If only. Let's hope October goes better. I was scoring between 158 and 164 and scored in the low range.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 am

law4vus wrote:
spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.



L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby Grizz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 am

kalvano wrote:
law4vus wrote:
spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.



L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.


This.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby MumofCad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:51 am

I don't know, but L&C has the nicest brochure I have ever seen. I loved looking through it. Made me nostalgic for home.

My husband nickered at the description of the school in the Dean's letter though, which mentioned something about the library overlooking a temperate rain forest. He wanted to know if this was for a spa or a law school. Sigh. My husband is clearly not an Oregonian. I'll keep trying to convert him though.

Anyhow, Good luck OP! I agree that you should probably retake in Oct. Even a slight bump up to median would improve your odds.

deebo12
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby deebo12 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Ah yes! I should also mention I'm open to going there part-time as well. In that case, like other part time programs, I would expect the admissions standards to be a tad lower. Might give me a better chance.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 am

kalvano wrote:
law4vus wrote:
spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.



L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.
They do if your numbers are good enough. A GPA above the median and LSAT way over their 75% got me offered about a 3/4 ride.

But mostly, I think L&C benefits from people wanting to stay here and being comfortable with the prospect of being limited to the Portland job market. Once a PNWer, always a PNWer.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby spleenworship » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 am

deebo12 wrote:Ah yes! I should also mention I'm open to going there part-time as well. In that case, like other part time programs, I would expect the admissions standards to be a tad lower. Might give me a better chance.


That is usually the case.

Good luck with your retake though. That would be a better outcome.

deebo12
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby deebo12 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 am

spleenworship wrote:
deebo12 wrote:Ah yes! I should also mention I'm open to going there part-time as well. In that case, like other part time programs, I would expect the admissions standards to be a tad lower. Might give me a better chance.


That is usually the case.

Good luck with your retake though. That would be a better outcome.



The irritating part of the LSAT was this timeline of mine- 3 months out of the June test I take a practice test and get 160 with very little studying. 2 1/2 months later I've been in a LSAT class for awhile, scoring between 154-161 on their tests after trying to incorporate their 'methods.' The methods essentially require me to think twice about how I think on some questions, leading to confusion. So, two weeks before test and I take a series of practice tests getting between 158-164. Day of test, some random person calls me at 6 am (3 hours before I planned to get up), a wrong number. I end up taking the test a bit groggy and the result - 25th percentile at L&C.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Beautiful school, but they don't send out enough view books and admissions paperwork.








8)

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12744
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby LeDique » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Beautiful school, but they don't send out enough view books and admissions paperwork.








8)


lol +1

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
law4vus wrote:
spleenworship wrote: I would recommend retake.


+1. A few points could be the difference between being on the outside looking in and being admitted with significant scholarship money.



L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.
They do if your numbers are good enough. A GPA above the median and LSAT way over their 75% got me offered about a 3/4 ride.

But mostly, I think L&C benefits from people wanting to stay here and being comfortable with the prospect of being limited to the Portland job market. Once a PNWer, always a PNWer.



I had numbers above 75th on at least one count, if not both, and only got $10K a year.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

kalvano wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
kalvano wrote:L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.
They do if your numbers are good enough. A GPA above the median and LSAT way over their 75% got me offered about a 3/4 ride.

But mostly, I think L&C benefits from people wanting to stay here and being comfortable with the prospect of being limited to the Portland job market. Once a PNWer, always a PNWer.



I had numbers above 75th on at least one count, if not both, and only got $10K a year.

Glancing through your history (sorry, stalking) I think your GPA was more around 25th and your LSAT was right at 75th. Still, $10k wasn't bad.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:34 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
kalvano wrote:L&C doesn't really do significant scholarship money, as far as I can tell.
They do if your numbers are good enough. A GPA above the median and LSAT way over their 75% got me offered about a 3/4 ride.

But mostly, I think L&C benefits from people wanting to stay here and being comfortable with the prospect of being limited to the Portland job market. Once a PNWer, always a PNWer.



I had numbers above 75th on at least one count, if not both, and only got $10K a year.

Glancing through your history (sorry, stalking) I think your GPA was more around 25th and your LSAT was right at 75th. Still, $10k wasn't bad.



I can't remember, that could be correct. But compared to other, higher-ranked private schools, I was pretty disappointed in their offer.

Perhaps it had to do with being from out of state?

ma456
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Lewis and clark?

Postby ma456 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:16 pm

LC told me that they had 'run out of scholarship money' so they couldn't offer me anything, and I was definitely above both of their 75th percentiles.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest