Splitter Alert 2.9/165

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kalvano

Re: Splitter Alert 2.9/165

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
Kabuo wrote:168 (maybe 167 next year) makes WUSTL a lock with money.

Disagree, at least not with OP's 2.9 GPA. Where do you get your data from?

http://washu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

Anybody with a 168 or better is green. Under 168 is red.

AffordablePrep

Postby AffordablePrep » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Kabuo wrote:Thanks to Spleenworship for taking the time to spell out how stupid that post was.

OP, do you feel you maxed out on the LSAT? If you do, that's fine. 165 is pretty good, and plenty good enough to get you into a school that will have a decent to good shot of landing you legal employment. It was also what I got on my first LSAT though, and I know I majorly underachieved. If you think you can improve at all, you really should give it a shot. 168 (maybe 167 next year) makes WUSTL a lock with money.

feeling like you maxed out 90% of the time = excuse to be lazy.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
Kabuo wrote:168 (maybe 167 next year) makes WUSTL a lock with money.

Disagree, at least not with OP's 2.9 GPA. Where do you get your data from?

Lol, where are you getting your data from? LSN paints a pretty definitive picture (funniest LSN graph out there), and having met some of my classmates, they tell the same story.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:57 pm

dude, raise it by one point and ur in at indiana with money. 168 and enjoy WUSTL

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 pm

I would try and bump it up 2-3 more points, you never know which schools will be trying to maintain their medians or increase them next year. Minnesota looks like it wanted to keep 167 and would throw half scholarship at anyone with 167, other schools upped their median lsat this cycle. A 168 would put you in a good situation for a lot of splitter schools .....

fountino

Postby fountino » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm

In regards to the LSAT:

1. I got a 165 in June with a few months of moderate studying and 3 weeks of more intense studying/frequent PT. My PT scores were a little inconsistent ranging from 161-168. So I suppose I could up the score, but it's hard to say for sure.
2. As as has been prescribed on this thread, I was planning on submitting apps early for ED (where applicable) to better my odds. Would waiting to get the Oct. LSAT score back hurt me in this area? Or can I submit an application with my current score and have the app updated when the new score comes in?
3. If I get the same score (or lower :? ) Do I look like a jackass to the admissions committee or hurt my chances at all?

Please advise.

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey,

1. If u put in some intensive studying again I think a retake would be a good idea if your dead set on ls.

2. yep submit early update with new score.

3. Not really. Retakes are a really minor negative. Schools report your highest score.

Dude, best of luck on everything. I promise that my advise was only meant to be honest. I stand by my view that ppl with sub 3.0 gpas should not enter this markdt unless they have a super good reason for the trash gpa or for becoming as lawyer. But I did not mean to insult you or come off as a jackass.

NYCbound35

Postby NYCbound35 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:02 pm

fountino wrote:In regards to the LSAT:

1. I got a 165 in June with a few months of moderate studying and 3 weeks of more intense studying/frequent PT. My PT scores were a little inconsistent ranging from 161-168. So I suppose I could up the score, but it's hard to say for sure.
2. As as has been prescribed on this thread, I was planning on submitting apps early for ED (where applicable) to better my odds. Would waiting to get the Oct. LSAT score back hurt me in this area? Or can I submit an application with my current score and have the app updated when the new score comes in?
3. If I get the same score (or lower :? ) Do I look like a jackass to the admissions committee or hurt my chances at all?

Please advise.

There is no reason not to retake in October. Get your apps ready and send them out once you get your score. I sent my apps out right before Thanksgiving, and it didn't hurt my cycle one bit (2.9, 169).

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 pm

fountino wrote:I was planning on submitting apps early for ED (where applicable) to better my odds.

I would recommend against submitting any binding ED apps. You want to be able to consider scholarship offers. Splitter cycles are notoriously unpredictable, and you never know what might happen or where you might get money. You don't want to force yourself into paying sticker when you don't know what your other options will be.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 pm

admisionquestion wrote:Dude, best of luck on everything. I promise that my advise was only meant to be honest. I stand by my view that ppl with sub 3.0 gpas should not enter this markdt unless they have a super good reason for the trash gpa or for becoming as lawyer. But I did not mean to insult you or come off as a jackass.

FYI, it's having this opinion (or at least sharing it in odds-of-admissions threads) that makes you a jackass. By still asserting it here, you're still being one.

Return to “What are my chances?”