Progress

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rezbama

Progress

Postby rezbama » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 pm

So, my application will be kind of funky because of all the different things I've done.

My LSAT:
COLD Diagnostic: 149
PT prep" 166
Oct '10 LSAT: 149.
(no idea how thats possible)
Feb '11: 155
(harder set up, no sleep thanks to partying, rough time with girlfriend weeks leading up to the test, lost license morning of the test)

retaking in oct '11 and I am hoping for a 167+.

I have taken Power score and I am actually going through tons of their material over again to familiarize myself with the strategies. My strongest section is LG as I rarely miss any, but my reading and LR blows and I dont get it. When I review, I get it, when Im taking the test, i resort to previous or natural strategies.

Point being, I have a very interesting PS, a in-depth resume, some strong Rec letters and a 3.2 UGPA. I am a double major from a top institution and a demanding major.

If I pull of a 167, I'm sure most schools will see the jump from 149-167+ and probably question how that was possible. does that work in my favor in terms of applying to a t-14, (or even a top 8) ?

I guess what I am looking for is people's advice and opinion on
-admission games with my given stats and the importance of what the actual LSAT number would be and could mean for certain school
-how to bust open this test after being emerged in studying for a very long time
-whether October is a good time to take it or if December results in a higher LSAT score with my numbers, taking it in Dec and applying then.

My apps are ready to go for the most part since I was suppose to apply last year, and I merely have to redo the technical parts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much.

Hopefully2012

Re: Progress

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 pm

rezbama wrote:no sleep thanks to partying

First bit of advice--don't party before the LSAT so much that you don't get any sleep before the test (what the hell were you thinking with not cancelling/postponing if you partied that much?)

rezbama wrote:-admission games with my given stats and the importance of what the actual LSAT number would be and could mean for certain school
-how to bust open this test after being emerged in studying for a very long time
-whether October is a good time to take it or if December results in a higher LSAT score with my numbers, taking it in Dec and applying then.

1. The your LSAT score along with your undergraduate GPA will account for ~90% of how your application cycle plays out, with your LSAT playing a slightly more important role.

2. Carefully analyze why you're choosing the wrong answers when you do. Do not just keep doing tests simply for repetition. It's important to learn from the mistakes you make during your practice tests in order to not make the same ones during the actual test.

3. Your third question makes no sense to me. Perhaps someone else could be more helpful. Whether you take it in October or December is only relative to how well you prepare for either test. No test is easier if that's what you are asking.

rezbama

Postby rezbama » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 pm

haha I wasn't partying at all, it was my entire neighborhood/apartment complex/apartment floor (yes even until 6 am with fireworks and dogs)

I actually was exhaused from the entire week of barely sleeping so i was def on another level of zombie-esque.

my third question is really, should I prepare for October and apply early in the cycle with what could be a lower LSAT score or wait until mid december to apply with what could be a higher but definitely my finite LSAT score?

I believe applying early plays a huge role, but i dont know if its the same role as if this were med/dental admission cycles. at the end of the day, isn't it all about the scores, and if you have the score, theyll read what else you got, no matter if its october or December?

but yeah, definitely trying to figure out why im getting things wrong.

WVUCelticFan

Postby WVUCelticFan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:05 am

rezbama wrote:haha I wasn't partying at all, it was my entire neighborhood/apartment complex/apartment floor (yes even until 6 am with fireworks and dogs)

I actually was exhaused from the entire week of barely sleeping so i was def on another level of zombie-esque.

my third question is really, should I prepare for October and apply early in the cycle with what could be a lower LSAT score or wait until mid december to apply with what could be a higher but definitely my finite LSAT score?

I believe applying early plays a huge role, but i dont know if its the same role as if this were med/dental admission cycles. at the end of the day, isn't it all about the scores, and if you have the score, theyll read what else you got, no matter if its october or December?

but yeah, definitely trying to figure out why im getting things wrong.

October is still over two months away. If you've been studying all summer (and even if you haven't, IMO), that is plenty of time to prepare. Take the test then, get your apps ready while you wait for the score, and be prepared to send them out as soon as you can.

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 am

I'm guessing you meant to say immersed here? :)

Return to “What are my chances?”