Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Errzii

Postby Errzii » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:54 pm

8)
Last edited by Errzii on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MumofCad

Re: 175/3.3 Kinda unique softs (adversity)

Postby MumofCad » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm

What an interesting background. I think it makes for a compelling read and is certainly a strong basis for a diversity statement and GPA addendum.

I think you will almost certainly get into UCLA on your numbers alone though. I almost wonder, being in LA, if you should forget the DS part about the gang and dropping out of high school. Just include the relevant info about your parents' immigration, some neighborhood statistics, and the suicide of your roommate in a GPA addendum. I don't think you will need the extra boost if you can explain your LSDAS GPA and may not want to risk it being taken incorrectly by an adcomm, when you are already likely to be admitted.

I'm no expert though. I wish I had better advice, but maybe ask in the UCLA thread what the student body is like. A current student might have a better perspective on how your particular diversity statement would play with the adcomm at their school.

Return to “What are my chances?”