chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Susan_Walid

chances?

Postby Susan_Walid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:22 pm

AA/White Female

3.5/156 LSAT
Nonprofit work

University of Maryland?
Wake Forest?
Miami?
University of Houston?
William and Mary?

Blessedassurance

Re: chances?

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:AA/White Female

3.5/156 LSAT
Nonprofit work

University of Maryland?
Wake Forest?
Miami?
University of Houston?
William and Mary?

If you can perform better, retake.

If not, still aim higher (Vandy, Cornell, GULC, etc). It happens and urm cycles are unpredictable. urm's who get into T14 (plus Vandy, UT etc) with such numbers don't exactly rush online to post their numbers. They gain nothing doing so and simply attract hate.

Also, add Howard. Seriously.

Susan_Walid

Postby Susan_Walid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you meant by crossing out the schools I picked? No chance, or, definite chance?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Definite chance. Why do you want to go there? What explains your choice of Schools? I crossed them out because you could do better.

Susan_Walid

Postby Susan_Walid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Just by looking at the medians, I figured those were my only chances. William and Mary is an awesome school for someone who scored a 156, no? Also, I was PT'ing at 162-165...

But I already took it 3 times in 2 years. So, unless, LSAC lets me take it a 3rd time I'm stuck!

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Just by looking at the medians, I figured those were my only chances. William and Mary is an awesome school for someone who scored a 156, no? Also, I was PT'ing at 162-165...

But I already took it 3 times in 2 years. So, unless, LSAC lets me take it a 3rd time I'm stuck!

urm's receive a boost (especially with respect to their LSAT scores). You can keep William and Mary but apply higher. People have gotten into Vandy and Cornell with numbers similar to yours but they were straight-up AA females. I don't know how being AA/white affects your chances which is why I asked if you were half and half. If you consider yourself AA, just check AA.

Also, apply very early. You might get waitlisted but you have a shot. After a certain threshold, the rankings don't mean a whole lot. You'd be better off going to Howard than a lot of places on your list, for reasons I won't get into.

Edit: I should add that I don't know how your multiple scores will affect your cycle. Perhaps, someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

Susan_Walid

Postby Susan_Walid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for the information. I had no idea. I will still try and retake. But its good to know I have a chance at William and Mary. Are you in law school, or studying for the LSAT?

Also, do you know for a fact people have gotten in with those numbers?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 am

Susan_Walid wrote:Thanks for the information. I had no idea. I will still try and retake. But its good to know I have a chance at William and Mary. Are you in law school, or studying for the LSAT?

Also, do you know for a fact people have gotten in with those numbers?

Pm'ed

Return to “What are my chances?”