2.67 GPA /167ish LSAT Philly schools

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dietcoke0

2.67 GPA /167ish LSAT Philly schools

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello, just found out my GPA, and am appalled. GPA lowered for crappy reasons, bad first semester, 2 major changes (because I hated my major) Had to take foreign language, which I got C's in, which was 14 hours of C's, and bad study abroad grades. Got a 3.4 or so in major (Journalism) and wrote for a while in the school paper. Also taught international students while in school, and went to Korea and taught for a while as well.

I do fairly well on LSAT practice tests, will be taking this October, average in the 160s now, and still improving fast in my practice tests/everyday studying.

Not looking for top school, looking at Temple, Nova, Rutgers (both) as of now, and will apply to some other schools, but those are my top choices as of now.

Anyway, low goal is 167 time being. Think that will be enough to get into a Philly school?

WSJ_Law

Re: 2.67 GPA /167ish LSAT Philly schools

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Barry > Nova

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Come back with a real LSAT.

Don't go to Nova

MLONDER

Postby MLONDER » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 pm

I think he means Villanova and not Nova Southeastern. There's a pretty big difference there, so OP be aware that the "don't go to Nova" comments were directed at a terrible school in Florida you're probably not even looking at. That said, assuming you perform as well as you expect to on the LSAT (which, BELIEVE ME, is not always the case) you'll be fine to get in at either Rutgers and will, at the very least, get onto Villanova's waitlist. Temple probably won't take you with that UGPA, but a "167ish" LSAT is a lot better than you seem to think so if you truly score THAT high I'd say you've got a shot.

D1989

Postby D1989 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 pm

MLONDER wrote:I think he means Villanova and not Nova Southeastern. There's a pretty big difference there, so OP be aware that the "don't go to Nova" comments were directed at a terrible school in Florida you're probably not even looking at. That said, assuming you perform as well as you expect to on the LSAT (which, BELIEVE ME, is not always the case) you'll be fine to get in at either Rutgers and will, at the very least, get onto Villanova's waitlist. Temple probably won't take you with that UGPA, but a "167ish" LSAT is a lot better than you seem to think so if you truly score THAT high I'd say you've got a shot.

I do agree that it seems like they're making that mistake, but the fact that they are is puzzling, since the thread's topic clearly says "Philly schools." Plus, who the hell would go to Nova Southeastern with an LSAT score of 167?!

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:28 pm

i'm curious as to how you're "just finding out your gpa" now...regardless, it's hard to say until you get a real score (fyi, i believe the conventional wisdom is you generally score about 3 points lower on the actual exam than your average practice score). however, if you do get in the 167 range, i wouldn't be surprised if any of those schools picked you up as a splitter, especially considering it sounds like you have decent softs. however, you'd probably be paying sticker if they did.

Return to “What are my chances?”