167; Where should I apply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Can I get into HLS?

Yes
No votes
Probably
3%
Possibly
No votes
Not likely
37%
No
60%

Total votes: 35

hls or bust

New

167; Where should I apply?

Post by hls or bust » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Hello TLS!

This is my first post and I am seeking guidance. I am coming out of a top 20 university where I had dual liberal arts majors and a GPA of 3.94. After a first LSAT score of 156 I retook it and got a 167. I have a few fairly non-substantive activities and no real work experience on my resume as of now. I did, however, receive a Fulbright scholarship between college and law school. I also have an exceptional personality!! To help you determine my chances, I am a white female.

Can you help me out with my shot for each t14 school?

THANKS!
Last edited by hls or bust on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UnitarySpace

Bronze

Re: Dying for HLS w/ 167; thoughts?

Post by UnitarySpace » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm

If you're really HLS or bust, you should retake the LSAT.

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Retake and get a 173+, HLS would then be possible. But with a 167, no.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm

These two both have it right. As a white female, your chances are approaching zero, I'm sorry to say. Study your ass off and good luck.

hls or bust

New

Post by hls or bust » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Points taken, but what about my GPA and prestigious scholarship? Will they count for anything or offset the LSAT in anyway? Also, could you comment on other T14 schools (I obviously know that HLS might be a stretch--but sometimes you never know how these things work out)!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 pm

hls or bust wrote:Points taken, but what about my GPA and prestigious scholarship? Will they count for anything or offset the LSAT in anyway? Also, could you comment on other T14 schools (I obviously know that HLS might be a stretch--but sometimes you never know how these things work out)!!
Honestly, your GPA is a dime a dozen. It's not even at Harvard's 75th percentile for GPAs. Your scholarship, while impressive, is not close to enough to overcome your LSAT. When applying to H, you should generally assume that you're going up against softs that blow yours out of the water. Fullbrights, Rhodes Scholars, PhDs, Peace Corps, etc.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Muenchen wrote:
hls or bust wrote:Points taken, but what about my GPA and prestigious scholarship? Will they count for anything or offset the LSAT in anyway? Also, could you comment on other T14 schools (I obviously know that HLS might be a stretch--but sometimes you never know how these things work out)!!
Honestly, your GPA is a dime a dozen. It's not even at Harvard's 75th percentile for GPAs. Your scholarship, while impressive, is not close to enough to overcome your LSAT. When applying to H, you should generally assume that you're going up against softs that blow yours out of the water. Fullbrights, Rhodes Scholars, PhDs, Peace Corps, etc.
Didn't OP say she was a Fulbright Scholar? :?

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm

No it won't. The only people that get accepted with an LSAT that low are 1. URM 2. Have unbelievable softs (which yours don't compete with).

Remember this is HARVARD. There's no shortage of Rhodes scholars, famous authors, people with PhDs, and those that have your GPA AND a near perfect LSAT score.

With a 167, CCN is a target/reach. Could get them, but I wouldn't bank on it.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 pm

sunynp wrote: Didn't OP say she was a Fulbright Scholar? :?
Point is there are already enough Fulbright Scholars (or those with comparable scholarships) with 172+ LSATs applying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 pm

sunynp wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
Didn't OP say she was a Fulbright Scholar? :?
Yes, I saw that, but I can also almost guarantee she will not be the only Fullbright applying to Harvard.

Verity

Silver

Re: T14 w/ 167; thoughts?

Post by Verity » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Blanket MVPBDN, and ED to one of them if you're really interested in it. I'd say Cornell is a lock. Also, 14-20 will give you serious money.

No HYS. Also, CCN unlikely, but throw in apps if you want.

mattviphky

Silver

Re: 167; Where should I apply?

Post by mattviphky » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:33 am

retake for HLS. good job on the lsat jump, a 167 is nothing to scoff at, especially when coming from a 158. If you have that good of a personality and get into h you should date me too lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”