Traditional Splitter Chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lsatismylifefornow

New

Traditional Splitter Chances

Post by lsatismylifefornow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Last edited by lsatismylifefornow on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Horsefeathers

New

Re: Traditional Splitter Chances

Post by Horsefeathers » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm

ED gives you a shot at Penn. I'd say you're a virtual lock at Virginia if you ED early, and a virtual lock at NU if you interview halfway decently (not that you asked).

Chicago, Columbia, and NYU IMHO are long-shots.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Traditional Splitter Chances

Post by bk1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Off the top of my head... you have a good shot at NU without ED so I wouldn't bother ED'ing to any lower T14 (since they are all roughly equivalent in placement power). Your next best shots after that are Mich/Va/Penn/Cornell/GULC. Your GPA will kill you at Duke/Boalt. Your GPA will likely kill you at CCN as well but if you really want to go to a T6, I'd probably ED to one of CCN (probably NYU since they are the most forgiving to low GPAs).

Check http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com as well.

lsatismylifefornow

New

Post by lsatismylifefornow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Last edited by lsatismylifefornow on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splitmuch

Silver

Re: Traditional Splitter Chances 3.2x/175

Post by splitmuch » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Hate to say it but from mine ( 3.1 178) and other splitters cycles I don't think you have a shot at NYU. If you favor UM or P then you should shoot off an ED to them. If you apply early I tend to think youre moderately safe applying to NU RD (I applied at the deadline and got off hold).

If you ED to UVA or NU you are a lock there, if you ED to Penn or UM you have a shot there. You aren't getting into NYU.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Badgers2012

New

Post by Badgers2012 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

lsatismylifefornow wrote:Thanks for the responses so far. I am mostly leaning towards applying to either Penn/ Michigan or NYU ED. Anyone else able to gage my chances on those schools specifically under the ED contract? Also would appreciate additional thoughts on schools to add to my list including safeties.
WUSTL for a T20 safety with at least 84K probably more

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Also Illinois and IUB(though you shouldn't go there) with money. That GPA is probably gonna keep you out of UT/UCLA/USC though with an early app you give yourself a shot at the last two.

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 pm

3.2x/177 in at Chicago, NYU, Boalt, and Penn here.

Boalt is a wild card no matter what. I think you have a good shot at Penn without ED if you really polish up your application, but you run the risk of a WL RD either way. I would ED to one of Chicago or NYU if you know you want CCN. With splitters I am of the belief that your softs matter more, so apply early, write your Why X's, and make that application shine. NU is probably a lock (if your WE is good), GULC is your safety.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

czelede wrote:3.2x/177 in at Chicago, NYU, Boalt, and Penn here.

Boalt is a wild card no matter what. I think you have a good shot at Penn without ED if you really polish up your application, but you run the risk of a WL RD either way. I would ED to one of Chicago or NYU if you know you want CCN. With splitters I am of the belief that your softs matter more, so apply early, write your Why X's, and make that application shine. NU is probably a lock (if your WE is good), GULC is your safety.
Wow. Were you an applicant this year? What on earth are your softs? Not saying its impossible to get into any of htose (though LSN indicates its unlikely) but to get into all 4, including Boalt, is almost mind bogglingly impressive.

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:48 pm

splitmuch wrote:
czelede wrote:3.2x/177 in at Chicago, NYU, Boalt, and Penn here.

Wow. Were you an applicant this year? What on earth are your softs? Not saying its impossible to get into any of htose (though LSN indicates its unlikely) but to get into all 4, including Boalt, is almost mind bogglingly impressive.
Yes, I applied this cycle (and will be attending Penn this fall, contrary to TLS wisdom!). I think my softs weren't anything special by TLS standards in that they are fairly solid but not extraordinary (difficult major, good work experience - 2 years, interesting volunteer work). I submitted a DS and PS to all my schools which I believe were pretty strong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”