169 LSAT 3.53 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
m7a

169 LSAT 3.53 GPA

Postby m7a » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi,
I attended the University of Alberta (a Canadian University) for my undergrad in Bcomm, with a major in accounting. I am not a URM. I am wondering what tier of schools I should apply for, and what my odds would be of getting into upenn specifically. I have been out of school for a little over a year now. I am also wondering if obtaining a professional designation first, such as a CFA or CA (CPA equivalent in the USA) would increase my odds and to what extent. If any additional information would be useful please let me know.
Thanks for the help.

minnbills

Re: 169 LSAT 3.53 GPA

Postby minnbills » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 am

Not sure if you've heard of these sites, but they're the best tools available for gauging your chances:

lawschoolnumbers.com

lawschoolpredictor.com

I think Upenn is pretty unlikely. The common wisdom around here (and you can certainly question it) is that work experience and prior careers don't matter much for admissions purposes, except at Northwestern. Though I do think work experience can be a significant boost during your job search after law school.

You can get serious money at most top 50 schools and could probably break the lower T14 if you're willing to stick out the waitlists. The first question you should ask yourself is where you want to work, as most people end up working in the area in which they graduated.

Return to “What are my chances?”