3.59/169

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
legallybrunette12345
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:02 am

3.59/169

Postby legallybrunette12345 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

chances at t14?

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Decent chance at Cornell (maybe 65% - 70%), Northwestern with really good job experience. Good chance at T20 with money, maybe not GW as it looks like they're only giving the big schollie (105k) to people with 3.8 GPA/170+ LSAT, and with them its all or nothing. Decent money at WUSTL, I got 75K with .09 less GPA. You'll more than likely get into Vandy with some money (maybe 40k). Out at Texas unless in state (169/3.6 cutoff at UT for out of state) and out at UCLA (GPA too low). Maybe in at USC, but I don't see much money if any. Unless you want to retake for the top-14, your best choices with these scores will more than likely be Cornell at sticker vs Vandy with some money, and I would take Vandy at this point unless absolutely dead set on NYC. But even then I would think long and hard as the cost of attendance difference between Vandy and Cornell might be a good 60k or so.

stylishlaw
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:28 am

Re: 3.59/169

Postby stylishlaw » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Decent chance at Cornell (maybe 65% - 70%), Northwestern with really good job experience. Good chance at T20 with money, maybe not GW as it looks like they're only giving the big schollie (105k) to people with 3.8 GPA/170+ LSAT, and with them its all or nothing. Decent money at WUSTL, I got 75K with .09 less GPA. You'll more than likely get into Vandy with some money (maybe 40k). Out at Texas unless in state (169/3.6 cutoff at UT for out of state) and out at UCLA (GPA too low). Maybe in at USC, but I don't see much money if any. Unless you want to retake for the top-14, your best choices with these scores will more than likely be Cornell at sticker vs Vandy with some money, and I would take Vandy at this point unless absolutely dead set on NYC. But even then I would think long and hard as the cost of attendance difference between Vandy and Cornell might be a good 60k or so.



Listen very carefully to this response, this has been close to my experience with a 3.4/169. Also toss an app at Michigan, their median LSAT is low enough.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:22 pm

stylishlaw wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Decent chance at Cornell (maybe 65% - 70%), Northwestern with really good job experience. Good chance at T20 with money, maybe not GW as it looks like they're only giving the big schollie (105k) to people with 3.8 GPA/170+ LSAT, and with them its all or nothing. Decent money at WUSTL, I got 75K with .09 less GPA. You'll more than likely get into Vandy with some money (maybe 40k). Out at Texas unless in state (169/3.6 cutoff at UT for out of state) and out at UCLA (GPA too low). Maybe in at USC, but I don't see much money if any. Unless you want to retake for the top-14, your best choices with these scores will more than likely be Cornell at sticker vs Vandy with some money, and I would take Vandy at this point unless absolutely dead set on NYC. But even then I would think long and hard as the cost of attendance difference between Vandy and Cornell might be a good 60k or so.



Listen very carefully to this response, this has been close to my experience with a 3.4/169. Also toss an app at Michigan, their median LSAT is low enough.

ED at M if you really want a shot at the mid T14, otherwise you'll have to settle for Cornell or a T20 with money.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18401
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby bk1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 pm

First thing, look at http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

SilverE2 wrote:Decent chance at Cornell (maybe 65% - 70%), Northwestern with really good job experience. Good chance at T20 with money, maybe not GW as it looks like they're only giving the big schollie (105k) to people with 3.8 GPA/170+ LSAT, and with them its all or nothing. Decent money at WUSTL, I got 75K with .09 less GPA. You'll more than likely get into Vandy with some money (maybe 40k). Out at Texas unless in state (169/3.6 cutoff at UT for out of state) and out at UCLA (GPA too low). Maybe in at USC, but I don't see much money if any. Unless you want to retake for the top-14, your best choices with these scores will more than likely be Cornell at sticker vs Vandy with some money, and I would take Vandy at this point unless absolutely dead set on NYC. But even then I would think long and hard as the cost of attendance difference between Vandy and Cornell might be a good 60k or so.


This is close but slightly off. Northwestern is not going to take a GPA that low with a sub 170 LSAT. UCLA is a waitlist. USC is 50/50 waitlist vs accept.

As has been noted above, OP's best chances at the T14 are UMich and Cornell and realistically nothing else. If OP really wants to pay sticker at a T14, the best hope would be an ED to UMich.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 pm

bk1 wrote:First thing, look at http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

SilverE2 wrote:Decent chance at Cornell (maybe 65% - 70%), Northwestern with really good job experience. Good chance at T20 with money, maybe not GW as it looks like they're only giving the big schollie (105k) to people with 3.8 GPA/170+ LSAT, and with them its all or nothing. Decent money at WUSTL, I got 75K with .09 less GPA. You'll more than likely get into Vandy with some money (maybe 40k). Out at Texas unless in state (169/3.6 cutoff at UT for out of state) and out at UCLA (GPA too low). Maybe in at USC, but I don't see much money if any. Unless you want to retake for the top-14, your best choices with these scores will more than likely be Cornell at sticker vs Vandy with some money, and I would take Vandy at this point unless absolutely dead set on NYC. But even then I would think long and hard as the cost of attendance difference between Vandy and Cornell might be a good 60k or so.


This is close but slightly off. Northwestern is not going to take a GPA that low with a sub 170 LSAT. UCLA is a waitlist. USC is 50/50 waitlist vs accept.

As has been noted above, OP's best chances at the T14 are UMich and Cornell and realistically nothing else. If OP really wants to pay sticker at a T14, the best hope would be an ED to UMich.

bk, you actually agreed with me on something

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby flexityflex86 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:43 pm

you guys are being too cynical i think.

USC: In with a scholarship - 45k.

Texas - In

Cornell - Prob In

grimfan
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby grimfan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Would the OP be much better off if s/he raised his/her LSAT by a single point to a 170? Is that cut-off THAT important?

User avatar
NYCbound35
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: 3.59/169

Postby NYCbound35 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:53 pm

ED to Michigan and apply EA early to Cornell (if you want to hear before April)...if you don't get those, you are likely to nab Vandy with $, with small shots at USC/UCLA/Texas. If you do not land T18, however, I think that you should take the $$$ offer at the T30 in your primary market. You should get all of those schools, so pick and choose.

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby Moxie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:56 pm

grimfan wrote:Would the OP be much better off if s/he raised his/her LSAT by a single point to a 170? Is that cut-off THAT important?


It would open up their chances at Georgetown, Duke, UVA, and Penn, although 170/3.6 might not be enough for the latter two.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Moxie wrote:
grimfan wrote:Would the OP be much better off if s/he raised his/her LSAT by a single point to a 170? Is that cut-off THAT important?


It would open up their chances at Georgetown, Duke, UVA, and Penn, although 170/3.6 might not be enough for the latter two.

Correct, though ED Penn may change that

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: 3.59/169

Postby fingersxd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

grimfan wrote:Would the OP be much better off if s/he raised his/her LSAT by a single point to a 170? Is that cut-off THAT important?


Just check out LSN for the difference that 1pt makes. It's pretty HUGE. Considering that OP is around or below 25% GPA for bottom T14, 170 would at least put OP at median LSAT, whereas 169 is below median at all but Cornell.

Below median for both GPA and LSAT? T14 is unlikely. Hitting median at one of those at least drastically improves your odds.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Socratease and 2 guests