-

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thisisme
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

-

Postby thisisme » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 am

-
Last edited by thisisme on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:23 am

I was about to post a new thread and this popped up ha, figured that we could combine them. We have similar numbers, but mine are a tad bit better, but I don't have any WE.

2.84, 178.

I have some reasonable softs and reasons for my horrendous GPA.

I know that most of T14 is out.. HYSCCN, but how about shots at MVP downwards? I understand that M and P are highly unlikely and it will depend on the cycle, but has it been done in the past? NU without WE doable? Should I just have to settle an ED to GULC?

I apologize if I'm hijacking this.. I just don't want to put up two extreme splitter threads and the same people posting in them.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 am

I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:42 am

Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:53 am

moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...


TBF we do kinda suck at higher education.

I think this year Indiana really gave out huge scholarships. Check them out. Illinois too.

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:09 am

Desert Fox wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...


TBF we do kinda suck at higher education.

I think this year Indiana really gave out huge scholarships. Check them out. Illinois too.


I hear you, but I had some extenuating circumstances for my low LSDAS. Too bad they won't count for anything.

I guess its Illinois, Minn, WUTSL, Indiana (even though I dont want to go there), NU, GULC, GW?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:41 am

moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...


TBF we do kinda suck at higher education.

I think this year Indiana really gave out huge scholarships. Check them out. Illinois too.


I hear you, but I had some extenuating circumstances for my low LSDAS. Too bad they won't count for anything.

I guess its Illinois, Minn, WUTSL, Indiana (even though I dont want to go there), NU, GULC, GW?
Yep. That's as good as you're going to get with those numbers.

User avatar
Corwin
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby Corwin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:41 pm

moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...

As if having an excellent shot at a T14 was a curse. :P Yeah it'd be nice to have more options sure, but I think it's pretty awesome that NU fills that niche in the T14.

splitster1221
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby splitster1221 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Just curious- how would the outlook for where to apply change if the LSAT was the same but the GPA was even a 3.0-3.1?

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bhan87 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Your app profile screams NU ED.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bk1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:52 pm

bhan87 wrote:Your app profile screams NU ED.

+1

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:53 pm

splitster1221 wrote:Just curious- how would the outlook for where to apply change if the LSAT was the same but the GPA was even a 3.0-3.1?
Realistically, only difference is that you'd have the option to ED to UVA in that case, maybe an outside shot at Vandy with a small amount of $ if you showed them you wanted to be there while applying.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bk1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:53 pm

splitster1221 wrote:Just curious- how would the outlook for where to apply change if the LSAT was the same but the GPA was even a 3.0-3.1?


NU is still just as likely.

UT/UCLA/USC/Duke/Boalt are still impossible.

Mich/Va/Penn/Cornell/GULC/Vandy become definite possibilities (especially with ED).

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Corwin wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...

As if having an excellent shot at a T14 was a curse. :P Yeah it'd be nice to have more options sure, but I think it's pretty awesome that NU fills that niche in the T14.


You are right, I just would like some security to know that I have another shot at a t14 school. Would it be out of the question NOT to ED to NU and look for an acceptance? How much of a gamble would it be to ED to GULC?

User avatar
Corwin
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby Corwin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am

moleculex17 wrote:
Corwin wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I had a 2.8/176. White w/ 2 years WE.

I got outright dinged at Cornell, regular waitlisted at GULC and UVA.

But I did get NU ED.


So I'm guessing its either NU or WUTSL? The curse of being a splitter...

As if having an excellent shot at a T14 was a curse. :P Yeah it'd be nice to have more options sure, but I think it's pretty awesome that NU fills that niche in the T14.


You are right, I just would like some security to know that I have another shot at a t14 school. Would it be out of the question NOT to ED to NU and look for an acceptance? How much of a gamble would it be to ED to GULC?

You could gamble, but I think 2.77 is low enough that you are likely to get completely shut out. Just be willing to wait another year to ED to NU if that happens.

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 am

You could gamble, but I think 2.77 is low enough that you are likely to get completely shut out. Just be willing to wait another year to ED to NU if that happens.


That sounds good. I guess I'm going to have to ED NU either way and maybe pray that GULC will give me a shot. Also, I don't know how much this will help but.. I am not the 2.77 and actually the 2.84 that took over the thread lmao. Should I consider staying an extra semester and getting closer to the 3.0?

Outside of t14 and the schools that I have mentioned, are there any other splitter friendly schools?


Notre Dame (I dunno.. probably not?)
Vandy
Fordham

Do you think I could land a few merit waivers?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby Grizz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 am

moleculex17 wrote:
You could gamble, but I think 2.77 is low enough that you are likely to get completely shut out. Just be willing to wait another year to ED to NU if that happens.


That sounds good. I guess I'm going to have to ED NU either way and maybe pray that GULC will give me a shot. Also, I don't know how much this will help but.. I am not the 2.77 and actually the 2.84 that took over the thread lmao. Should I consider staying an extra semester and getting closer to the 3.0?

Outside of t14 and the schools that I have mentioned, are there any other splitter friendly schools?


Notre Dame (I dunno.. probably not?)
Vandy
Fordham

Do you think I could land a few merit waivers?


Vandy probably won't happen even with a 3.0 unless you're major was engineering or something similar. They seem to dip below 3.3 more regularly for these types.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 am

Notre Dame is not completely out of the question, but we don't dip below 3.0 often. If you write a good why ND, could get you in. Vandy... probably not. I'm not sure about Fordham- they do let in some splitters with 3.0-3.2, not sure about below 3.0 though.

You gotta ED NU. Why would you want to ED GULC when you could ED NU?

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:26 am

ndirish2010 wrote:Notre Dame is not completely out of the question, but we don't dip below 3.0 often. If you write a good why ND, could get you in. Vandy... probably not. I'm not sure about Fordham- they do let in some splitters with 3.0-3.2, not sure about below 3.0 though.

You gotta ED NU. Why would you want to ED GULC when you could ED NU?


I like the idea of going to GULC and the D.C. area. I was just curious to see if I could get accepted to NU without the ED and gambling on GULC biting.

I'm not too interested in looking to go to the other schools that I mentioned above, but I would like to have some options to the schools that may take a sub 3.0 splitter.

The only sub 3.0 splitter schools would be
GULC
NU
UIUC
GW
WUTSL
IUB
U Minn

Wash & Lee
Wake Forest
G Mason?

Would it worth it to throw in an application to U Mich, Cornell and or Penn? I know the chances are slim..., but I would like to throw at least 1-2 more t14s up there.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

moleculex17 wrote:I like the idea of going to GULC and the D.C. area. I was just curious to see if I could gain an acceptance outside of an ED and to see if GULC would bite.

I'm not too interested in looking to go to the other schools that I mentioned above, but I would like to have some options to the schools that may take a sub 3.0 splitter.

Would it worth it to throw in an application to U Mich, Cornell and or Penn? I know the chances are slim..., but I would like to throw at least 1-2 more t14s up there.


GULC occasionally accepts sub3.0's but it is exceedingly rare these days. Your chances with work experience are far greater at NU than they are at GULC. I would throw app to other lower T14's just in case (even though you're not likely to get in).

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 am

bk1 wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:I like the idea of going to GULC and the D.C. area. I was just curious to see if I could gain an acceptance outside of an ED and to see if GULC would bite.

I'm not too interested in looking to go to the other schools that I mentioned above, but I would like to have some options to the schools that may take a sub 3.0 splitter.

Would it worth it to throw in an application to U Mich, Cornell and or Penn? I know the chances are slim..., but I would like to throw at least 1-2 more t14s up there.


GULC occasionally accepts sub3.0's but it is exceedingly rare these days. Your chances with work experience are far greater at NU than they are at GULC. I would throw app to other lower T14's just in case (even though you're not likely to get in).



NU without WE is out of the question then? I'm coming straight from UG with a few months to spare before I attend classes.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

moleculex17 wrote:NU without WE is out of the question then? I'm coming straight from UG with a few months to spare before I attend classes.


Pretty much for someone with a sub3.0. If you don't have any WE and you want to pay sticker at a T14, you should try UVA first (15 day turn around) and then do GULC (in the likely case you get rejected from UVA).

Alternatively, you could work for a while and distance yourself from that GPA.

moleculex17
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby moleculex17 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 am

bk1 wrote:
moleculex17 wrote:NU without WE is out of the question then? I'm coming straight from UG with a few months to spare before I attend classes.


Pretty much for someone with a sub3.0. If you don't have any WE and you want to pay sticker at a T14, you should try UVA first (15 day turn around) and then do GULC (in the likely case you get rejected from UVA).

Alternatively, you could work for a while and distance yourself from that GPA.


I figured as much and that was the plan for my cycle.

Should I stay for another semester and land 2.96ish? What would my chances look like then?

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby firemed » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm

OP needs to go ED to NU, molecule or whatever the threadjackers name is needs to ED UVA followed by GULC as suggested above.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 2.77UGPA / 177 LSAT

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:08 pm

moleculex17 wrote:I figured as much and that was the plan for my cycle.

Should I stay for another semester and land 2.96ish? What would my chances look like then?


It probably won't help, but it might since it gets pretty damn close to 3.0. But getting above 3.0 really is what you need.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests