3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
kilgoretrout66
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby kilgoretrout66 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:41 am

So I just got my LSAT score today (took it in Tokyo) and figured a `what are my chances` thread was in order:


Right now I`m most interested in HYS, Berkeley, Columbia, and NYU. I`m wondering where else I should apply, since this list has the potential to leave me with a desk full of rejections and waitlistings. Should I add a few more T14 schools, since this process can be a crapshoot? Should I add some others outside T14 for safety schools/possiblity of scholarship money? Thanks!
Last edited by kilgoretrout66 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:44 am

Apply to YHS CCN and MVP for scholarship leverage. And of course B since you're interested in it.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby kazu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 am

HYS for reaches, CCN for targets (you should get all 3, easy, probably with some $ too) and a couple from MVPB for safeties. Although B is a bit of a black box.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby Kabuo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 am

I'd be surprised if you didn't get one of HYS, but if you want a good LRAP for enviro law, you might as well apply to MVP and get a named scholly to keep your choices open.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby wtrc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:52 pm

These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby thecilent » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 pm

weathercoins wrote:These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?

Because YHS require more than just numbers - especially YS.

Op if all youre interested in is YHSCNB - then that's all you need to apply to. You'll obviously get in to CN, so I don't see why you even need a thread like this.
Last edited by thecilent on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 pm

weathercoins wrote:These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?

Harvard is probably in. S&Y are less predictable but worth the app.

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby WSJ_Law » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Y is clearly no guarantee and everyone has amazing (if not more amazing than OP's) numbers. H is very probable given a cohesive story in the application/JR interviews/etc., and SLS is probable. Numbers are locked up for CCN but YHS is more obscure in terms of predictability of admission.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1922
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:58 pm

weathercoins wrote:These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?


Y and S aren't guaranteed for anyone. OP will have a really good shot at H.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm

thecilent wrote:
weathercoins wrote:These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?

Because YHS require more than just numbers - especially YS.

Op if all youre interested in is YHSCNB - then that's all you need to apply to. You'll obviously get in to CN, so I don't see why you even need a thread like this.



How else would OP get to see people call them amazing on an internet forum?

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1922
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 pm

There's no reason to apply outside of the T13 since someone will give you big money. I would apply to all the t13 schools though.

I like OP's username.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby bhan87 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Reach: HYS (I think H will take you)
Targets: CCN (If you don't screw up, all 3 should be in. Hopefully one will give you big $$$)
Safeties: MVP (Be sure to write "Why MVP?" essays though)

B is always a black box and some surprising people get rejected from there. It seems you do have some interesting stories to tell so B is probably in as well.

If your cycle goes really well, you might be able to grab a Hamilton at CLS (Used to buy high LSAT scores) and admission to HYS (Btw, Stanford is also pretty grade-relaxed, something you seem to be interested in). If your cycle goes poorly, you'll still end up with a T10. In your situation, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a full ride at MVP

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby thecilent » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
thecilent wrote:
weathercoins wrote:These numbers are amazing, why wouldn't (s)he get HYS?

Because YHS require more than just numbers - especially YS.

Op if all youre interested in is YHSCNB - then that's all you need to apply to. You'll obviously get in to CN, so I don't see why you even need a thread like this.



How else would OP get to see people call them amazing on an internet forum?

Oh true true true

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Those numbers are pretty solid for Harvard. Better than 50/50 shot.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 pm

YHS are possible. Money at CCN is likely. I really like the screenname

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby ahduth » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:15 pm

bhan87 wrote:Reach: HYS (I think H will take you)
Targets: CCN (If you don't screw up, all 3 should be in. Hopefully one will give you big $$$)
Safeties: MVP (Be sure to write "Why MVP?" essays though)

B is always a black box and some surprising people get rejected from there. It seems you do have some interesting stories to tell so B is probably in as well.

If your cycle goes really well, you might be able to grab a Hamilton at CLS (Used to buy high LSAT scores) and admission to HYS (Btw, Stanford is also pretty grade-relaxed, something you seem to be interested in). If your cycle goes poorly, you'll still end up with a T10. In your situation, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a full ride at MVP


Hmm, yeah. +1 on this.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby fingersxd » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Threads like this make me wish I had worked harder in undergrad.

OP, good luck wherever you go. With those numbers you can expect a pretty sterling cycle (though Y, S & B are never garuntees as otehrs have mentioned), and a should send out apps to the entire T10.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby kazu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Kabuo wrote:I'd be surprised if you didn't get one of HYS, but if you want a good LRAP for enviro law, you might as well apply to MVP and get a named scholly to keep your choices open.

This is credited. You want to spend a decent time on your apps there though if you want a named scholly - persuasive Why Xs, etc.

User avatar
kilgoretrout66
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

Re: 3.87, 175 Where to apply?

Postby kilgoretrout66 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:08 am

.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tsubomi93 and 2 guests