SWF...mom

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
AnariaJP

SWF...mom

Postby AnariaJP » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Just interested if anyone has any experiences or opinions about what it would look like on an application/personal statement to be a young single mom. Could I pull it off as an "over coming obstacles" bit, or would competitive schools see it as a hinderance to keeping up with a challenging course load? I have a 3.9 gpa and 163/172 lsat scores. I worked on a Judicial campaign (TX) and have done some work here and there in a law office. Other than that I have little to nothing else going for me.

Chances for getting into University of Texas Law?
Last edited by AnariaJP on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bosoxfan

Re: SWF...mom

Postby Bosoxfan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Colleges aren't going to look down on you in the slightest for being a single mother. They will value the importance of your work-experience, however. You will be fine.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Check http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com but iirc I think you should be able to get a large scholarship out of UT. You could also shoot for better schools than UT if that interested you (you have good enough numbers to pull scholarships from T14 schools).

Bosoxfan wrote:Colleges aren't going to look down on you in the slightest for being a single mother. They will value the importance of your work-experience, however. You will be fine.

This.

firemed

Postby firemed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 pm

With your numbers I would try Yale (sometimes they let people with lower numbers in with goo PSes), then everyone in the T4-15. You should get, as others said, a scholly at UT.

AnariaJP

Postby AnariaJP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.

Return to “What are my chances?”