UVA Business School

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
glcoupe

UVA Business School

Postby glcoupe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 am

I know this is TLS, but does anyone know the average or median lsat for UVA business school. I am thinking of a JD/MBA and you can apply with a lsat score to the biz school, but I didn't know if anyone knew what that usually accept?

reepS

Re: UVA Business School

Postby reepS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 am

just checked usnew, info is

Ranked 13th
Acceptance rate 26.3% - Low
Average age of new entrants 27
Average undergraduate GPA 3.41
Undergraduate GPA range (10th-90th percentile) 3-3.8
Average GMAT score 699 - High
GMAT range (10th-90th percentile) 640-750

Didnt say anything about lsat on the admission info.

reepS

Postby reepS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:56 am

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/mba.htm

read that, also try using google? It says there "Admission requires approval of both the Law and Darden faculty advisors."

glewz

Postby glewz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am

glcoupe wrote:I know this is TLS, but does anyone know the average or median lsat for UVA business school. I am thinking of a JD/MBA and you can apply with a lsat score to the biz school, but I didn't know if anyone knew what that usually accept?

You need to score well enough to get into UVa Law; obviously higher is better, but for b-school admissions, they focus much more on your interview & how a JD/MBA actually helps further your career goals.

Also, I spoke with a UVa admissions person on the matter, and he mentioned that Darden tends to be a bit more lenient towards UVa Law students on the work experience requirement.

glcoupe

Postby glcoupe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 am

Yea thank you for the responses. I have read their website and talked to admissions people and googled, but I was just seeing if anyone had any extra insight. Thank you for the help. It seems to me that if UVA law lets you in, you have a decent shot at getting into the biz school. Would this be an overstatement or accurate?

Return to “What are my chances?”