Geographical constraint for a 3.2/163

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
doc84

Geographical constraint for a 3.2/163

Postby doc84 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi, everyone. I am writing on behalf of my husband, who will be applying to law schools this coming admissions cycle. I will be a 2L at HLS this year, meaning an overlap of one year in law school, and he would prefer to stay in the Boston area so as to minimize living expenses (one apartment, shared food, etc.) and of course for the pure sake of being together.

My husband has a 3.2 UG GPA and a 163 LSAT. From our research, it seems that Boston University and Boston College are both out of reach; is this an accurate assumption? Otherwise, I think he stands a solid chance at Suffolk University and perhaps at Northeastern too. What do you all think?

Here's the big dilemma: do you think he would stand a better chance at higher-ranked schools elsewhere in the country, and if so, do you think it would be a better investment to attend one of these? (He hopes to practice in the Boston area.) Any suggestions for his stats that are not too expensive?

We are very conflicted and would appreciate any and all input.

(Before I get any flak, we have indeed considered the financial implications of having two people in LS at once and the state of the job market thereafter.)

baconpuffs

Re: Geographical constraint for a 3.2/163

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:50 pm

He could get into schools ranked higher than Northeastern (don't let him go to Suffolk), but none of those schools place in Boston. Also, someone with connections to Boston could comment more on this than I, but I wouldn't pay sticker at Northeastern with two T1s in the area. HTH

bk1

Re: Geographical constraint for a 3.2/163

Postby bk1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:52 pm

doc84 wrote:From our research, it seems that Boston University and Boston College are both out of reach; is this an accurate assumption?

Yes. He should retake the LSAT for a few more points so that he could land BU or BC. Ideally, and this assuming you go into biglaw, you will be able to pick up the slack of his debt with your salary if he does not land biglaw out of BU/BC.

Return to “What are my chances?”