3.68 / 172 ED to CLS?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pkrtbx

3.68 / 172 ED to CLS?

Postby pkrtbx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 pm

I plan to write a GPA addendum because of my extremely unbalanced GPA (100+ A credits but 4 F credits from before college weighing me down). I'm entering my final year of UG.

You could say that I am a non-URM "diversity" candidate and a couple of things that I am passionate about (and which appear consistently on my resume) tie into CLS-specific programs.

Would it be worth it to get another year of grades under my belt? Also, your thoughts on admits/$ through the rest of the T14.

Thanks !!

Kabuo

Re: 3.68 / 172 ED to CLS?

Postby Kabuo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't know if you're set on CLS, but if you want to aim higher, I think you might be able to. You say you're entering your final year of UG. Well, how high will that GPA climb with another year of As? If you can get it into the 3.8s and take a year off getting some WE, you'd give yourself a shot at Harvard, especially if your resume is as diverse as you think it is. Getting into the 3.8s might also snag you decent money at CLS.

TLDR = I wouldn't ED to CLS. I've heard it's not a huge benefit, and if your app is diverse, you might as well throw an H app or just take a year off and then get CLS $$$ or an H app.

pkrtbx

Postby pkrtbx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for your advice. I think the GPA definitely can climb, but I have a ton of credits so the incremental differences on the upside are getting smaller and smaller with each semester, while the downward push even from a B+ is very noticeable.

I don't know that my resume is all that diverse, but there are just a couple of things that relate directly to CLS programs that I think would help demonstrate my interest. I obviously would love a shot at H but convinced myself that it wasn't realistic with my LSAT.

My plan was to gun for jobs in a certain field during campus recruitment season and then hopefully defer LS and work there for 2 years, but with an admit in my back pocket in case I didn't get the job offer. I would love to put the apps on hold till I have a couple years of WE.........if I could ever overcome the crippling anxiety :shock:
Last edited by pkrtbx on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pkrtbx

Postby pkrtbx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 pm

pkrtbx wrote:You could say that I am a non-URM "diversity" candidate

Sorry, I should have been more straightforward. By this I just meant LGBT.

berkeleykel06

Postby berkeleykel06 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 pm

I would just apply with what you have now (no ED) and see how your cycle goes. If you are unhappy with it and you end up graduating with a higher GPA that you think would make a difference, reapply. Try to land a job either way.

Return to “What are my chances?”