Wait until Oct scores arrive to submit apps? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
IronSkadden

New

Wait until Oct scores arrive to submit apps?

Post by IronSkadden » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi there,

I'm retaking the LSAT in October and wondering if I should wait until the end of Oct (when my scores are released) to send in my apps. Is the benefit of being a Sept. applicant outweighed by the first impression my current LSAT score will make?

Target schools: T14

Stats:

LSAT: 167 (retaking in Oct., believe I can increase score as my PT range topped out at 173)
GPA: 3.58
Ivy undergrad
3 years work experience (management-level) and other decent softs

Thanks for your input...

emkay625

Gold

Re: Wait until Oct scores arrive to submit apps?

Post by emkay625 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 pm

I am in a similar boat. Retaking in October and struggling with when to apply where. I'm interested to see what advice you get.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Similar situation here (166, 3.86 or so). I was told to wait until late October to apply, as that is still quite early in the cycle.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:14 pm

I took the LSAT only once, October of 2010 and applied when my score became available. I didn't see any action on most of my apps until after the new year and I got into all but my rarthest reach school and one I didn't really plan to attend so it seems that applying in November didn't really hurt my chances.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm also interested in this.

I suspect that waiting for your score/possible fee waivers makes the most sense, but everyone says to apply early...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Apply early = before Thanksgiving.

Unless you are doing ED, many schools don't even start looking at apps until late October/early November. Just make sure you have everything ready to go and can just hit "send" once your Oct LSAT score arrives.

OP, T14 is a stretch with 3.58/167 (both are below median across those schools) -- you need to get that LSAT to 170, otherwise you are pretty unlikely to get T14 unless your softs are SUPER impressive.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

fingersxd wrote:Apply early = before Thanksgiving.

Unless you are doing ED, many schools don't even start looking at apps until late October/early November. Just make sure you have everything ready to go and can just hit "send" once your Oct LSAT score arrives.

OP, T14 is a stretch with 3.58/167 (both are below median across those schools) -- you need to get that LSAT to 170, otherwise you are pretty unlikely to get T14 unless your softs are SUPER impressive.

This. Mid-November is still very early to apply

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”