3.65/165 from top 20 undergrad

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
brownbear18

3.65/165 from top 20 undergrad

Postby brownbear18 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Double major from top 20 private undergrad

Is UT-Austin/Vandy even worth applying?

What are my odds at UGA/Emory?

law4vus

Re: 3.65/165 from top 20 undergrad

Postby law4vus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

brownbear18 wrote:Double major from top 20 private undergrad

You're good at both UGA and Emory, probably with money at both.

I'd throw an app at both the other ones, but I wouldn't expect to get in right away. You might snag a WL spot at one of them with a well put together application.

idratherbetraveling

Postby idratherbetraveling » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Double major from top 20 private undergrad

You definitely have a chance at UT (better if you're in-state). Vandy is really iffy, if only because they have such a small class size. I'd say you're in at Emory with $. Also consider WashU and UNC if you're looking towards the South/Midwest.

drays917

Postby drays917 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 am

Don't be so confident about Emory, they don't generally go for LSATs below 166. Not saying it's impossible, but check LSN if you don't believe me. I'd probably say WL such as it is.

UGA you're probably gold at.

Texas, only if you're from the state.

Vanderbilt is worth an app, but be ready for the WL. Keep in mind, I generally think most schools are worth the app fee, so that's the way I tend to lean.

I assume you want to practice in the South? WashU is probably unlikely, but UNC might be a good idea. Consider some of the stronger state schools, particularly for the state you're interested in.

Finally - and I don't mean to pick on you, so I apologize - double majors and prestigious UGs (with few exceptions) are meaningless. I know it won't stop new posters from mentioning it, but I feel like it needed to be said.

nmcdgt

Postby nmcdgt » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 am

Having applied to Vandy, Emory, and UGA with similar numbers, and barring extraordinary softs or other special circumstances, I'd be fairly certain you would see this:

UGA - In
Emory - WL (possibly WL --> Accept, depending on how many they pull from waitlist; they love that 166 LSAT floor)
Vandy - WL

I don't know much about UT but I would guess WL there as well.

Best of luck.

sch0123

Postby sch0123 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:28 pm

I think it is worth it to apply to UT and Vandy just in case you get waitlisted and can manage to work your way off said waitlist. Honestly, though, you'll probably get rejected at both with that LSAT.

You're in at UGA, you'll get in state tuition if you're out of state.

Emory is a bit more iffy. They accepted some people with 3.0\166 and gave them $$ while WLing people with your stats this cycle. It seemed like it was a bit of a random draw. If you really are interested in Emory, I'd write and attach a Why Emory essay just so they know of your interest level.

Return to “What are my chances?”