Splitter Status - 3.1/168 Chance me please.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
RareAir

Splitter Status - 3.1/168 Chance me please.

Postby RareAir » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:22 am

Numbers in the title.

Large public undergrad. Finance major. short, but VERY significant upward trend (undiagnosed adhd for years. Finally diagnosed and GPA went up a full point with 4 more hours of major classes from the fall '10 semester to Spring '11 semester.) Should continue my final semester this fall.

Completely willing to retake in Oct, but idk how much good it could do me considering I'd need to ED day 1 to get into any of the t-14. Would a 171-173 app in November be early enough for UVA/Umich?

Target schools are primarily Wake Forest, then Tulane, UGA and possibly WUSTL.

What am I looking at realistically? I've done LSP, but I've heard it starts to get inaccurate in splitter cases.
Last edited by RareAir on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawquacious

Re: Splitter Status - 3.1/168 Chance me please.

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 am

RareAir wrote:Numbers in the title.

Large public undergrad. Finance major. short, but VERY significant upward trend (undiagnosed adhd for years. Finally diagnosed and GPA went up a full point with 4 more hours of major classes.) Should continue my final semester this fall.

Completely willing to retake in Oct, but idk how much good it could do me considering I'd need to ED day 1 to get into any of the t-14. Would a 171-173 app in November be early enough for UVA/Umich?

Target schools are primarily Wake Forest, then Tulane, UGA and possibly WUSTL.

What am I looking at realistically? I've done LSP, but I've heard it starts to get inaccurate in splitter cases.

I think you have a shot at WUSTL based on what I've heard. I think you'd be paying full price though.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 am

The deadline for Early Decision at UVA is the same as for regular admission (March 1st), UVA says only students who take the February test will be at a disadvantage. You can apply and notify them to wait for your October scores.

October scores are scheduled to come out officially on the 26th (Wednesday) so realistically it will probably come out on the 24th (Monday), using June's release as anecdotal evidence (may come out earlier etc).

The Deadline for Michigan's ED is November 15th.

http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestu ... ption.aspx

Do recognize that per Michigan, scores within a statistical difference of plus or minus 3 do not make a difference (with respect to retaking), but they could be blowing smoke up our asses. 171 looks better than 168 for reporting and psychological purposes.

If you retake and have everything in order, you won't miss any ED deadlines per se (at least for Mich and UVA). How many people have applied before you is another matter. In fact if you are savvy, you can ED to UVA and get a decision back in time (within 15 days) to ED to Michigan if UVA doesn't work.

RareAir

Postby RareAir » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:55 am

Thanks for the advice. Very reassuring.

Return to “What are my chances?”