Removed Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
avamango

New

Removed

Post by avamango » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Sorry I removed this info.

Removed.
Last edited by avamango on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: 3.4 170

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 pm

One guy who posts here a lot had the same numbers and got into Duke ED. Getting in RD anywhere in the T-14 will be a bit dicey, but you've got the right strategy (assuming no ED). If you don't want to ED anywhere I'd blanket the T-14 as you said and then make sure to get excellent grades and leave open the possibility of re-applying next cycle. And as always, consider a retake.

protein

Bronze

Post by protein » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 pm

i had a 3.4/171, so very similar numbers

the one thing i would stress is to apply early. from LSN it seemed like I was a lock to get either C or GULC but ended up getting bounced from both because i applied in jan

i would blanket the bottom half of the t14, so basically mvpdcg (no n unless you have work experience, and UT loves high gpa)

then apply to the strong regional T1 of your choice and hope for $$$

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm

protein wrote:i had a 3.4/171, so very similar numbers

the one thing i would stress is to apply early. from LSN it seemed like I was a lock to get either C or GULC but ended up getting bounced from both because i applied in jan

i would blanket the bottom half of the t14, so basically mvpdcg (no n unless you have work experience, and UT loves high gpa)

Wait, wtf? Are you suggesting that with a 171, you didn't get in anywhere in the t14?

protein

Bronze

Post by protein » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 pm

avamango wrote:
protein wrote:i had a 3.4/171, so very similar numbers

Wait, wtf? Are you suggesting that with a 171, you didn't get in anywhere in the t14?
I got Duke, but I got lucky

I almost struck out because I went complete in mid-february

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”