Thanks

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dpcq1037

Thanks

Postby dpcq1037 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Last edited by dpcq1037 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

buckilaw

Re: 3.86/173, International Student, Chance at T14?

Postby buckilaw » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:20 pm

You will almost surely get a T14. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a full ride in the lower T14.

flcath

Postby flcath » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Yeah, you'll get T14, but someone in your position should go to the best place that gives you a full-ride (you might have to; what retard back would back you sans cosigner?). I'm thinking that still means T14.

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:27 pm

harvard and yale have institutional loans that foreigners can apply to, and that can cover the entire tuition. those two are the only schools that have institutional loans though.

dpcq1037

Postby dpcq1037 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 pm

flcath wrote:Yeah, you'll get T14, but someone in your position should go to the best place that gives you a full-ride (you might have to; what retard back would back you sans cosigner?). I'm thinking that still means T14.

Thanks. Sorry, I do not understand “what retard back would back you sans cosigner?”. Do you think I should apply to some schools in the 15-25 range?

dpcq1037

Postby dpcq1037 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 pm

twaswoo wrote:harvard and yale have institutional loans that foreigners can apply to, and that can cover the entire tuition. those two are the only schools that have institutional loans though.

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. But do I have a good chance of getting into these two?

flcath

Postby flcath » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 am

dpcq1037 wrote:
flcath wrote:Yeah, you'll get T14, but someone in your position should go to the best place that gives you a full-ride (you might have to; what retard back would back you sans cosigner?). I'm thinking that still means T14.

Thanks. Sorry, I do not understand “what retard back would back you sans cosigner?”. Do you think I should apply to some schools in the 15-25 range?

"Bank", sorry.

I was unaware of the HY loans for foreigners, though I can't say I'm shocked given the totally different way their fin aid system works. Obviously apply to those two schools, and go there if you can.

If you don't get HY, then (as you know) you might be forced to go to the best school that gives you a full ride / close to a full ride. I think that that school will be within the T14, probably outside the T6 though.

Instead of applying 14-25, I personally would use the money to apply thoroughly (hitting every school would be ideal) in the 1-13 range. If you want to have a "full scholarship safety" call and ask for fee waivers (if they aren't given automatically) from 1 or 2 T25s, and only apply if they give you one.

I see no reason why someone w/ your #s should end up going to a school outside the top 10.

dpcq1037

Postby dpcq1037 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 pm

flcath wrote:
dpcq1037 wrote:

"Bank", sorry.

I was unaware of the HY loans for foreigners, though I can't say I'm shocked given the totally different way their fin aid system works. Obviously apply to those two schools, and go there if you can.

If you don't get HY, then (as you know) you might be forced to go to the best school that gives you a full ride / close to a full ride. I think that that school will be within the T14, probably outside the T6 though.

Instead of applying 14-25, I personally would use the money to apply thoroughly (hitting every school would be ideal) in the 1-13 range. If you want to have a "full scholarship safety" call and ask for fee waivers (if they aren't given automatically) from 1 or 2 T25s, and only apply if they give you one.

I see no reason why someone w/ your #s should end up going to a school outside the top 10.

Thank you very much. It helps a lot.

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm

flcath wrote:
dpcq1037 wrote:

"Bank", sorry.

This is the right answer. Do everything as laid out above.

It's good you are starting this early. I think you should try and get your apps out to most schools the day they open up. Also, I'm assuming English is your second language. Please take a long time to work through your personal statement, and get it proofread multiple times. It would be a crying shame if you were held back by a PS with minor grammatical errors.

Return to “What are my chances?”