Will LSs look at fall grades and increase LSAC GPA?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sammacd25

Will LSs look at fall grades and increase LSAC GPA?

Postby sammacd25 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Last edited by sammacd25 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Re: Will LSs look at fall grades and increase LSAC GPA?

Postby Dany » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:07 pm

sammacd25 wrote:I've had a significant upward trend in grades (beginning at 3.0 and now at 4.0). Can I use my fall grades to increase my GPA (assuming I get higher than 3.6, which I have for each of the last four semesters)? I am beginning to lose hope based upon everything I read here. Nothing I wanted seems possible. 3.6/166 I just don't know if a retake would help or end up hurting.

Yes. You can send your updated transcript to LSAC and they will recalculate and send the new GPA to all schools to which you applied. Also, unless your 166 was a total fluke (i.e. all your PTs were in the low 160s and you have exhausted every resource and spent a great deal of time studying) a retake will almost certainly help. Almost all schools take your highest score.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 pm

sammacd25 wrote:I've had a significant upward trend in grades (beginning at 3.0 and now at 4.0). Can I use my fall grades to increase my GPA (assuming I get higher than 3.6, which I have for each of the last four semesters)? I am beginning to lose hope based upon everything I read here. Nothing I wanted seems possible. 3.6/166 I just don't know if a retake would help or end up hurting.

Sending them your grades is (almost) always a good idea. The only reason not to upgrade your grades is if you did poorly and decreased your LSGPA.

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:53 pm

kapital98 wrote:

Sending them your grades is (almost) always a good idea. The only reason not to upgrade your grades is if you did poorly and decreased your LSGPA.

What if they barely make any difference? 10 of my units will be an internship that i will only receive credit/no credit for so I will only have 2 graded units.

avamango

Postby avamango » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:49 pm

sammacd25 wrote:3.6/166

It says on your profile that your highest LSAT is a 174.

Return to “What are my chances?”