Question about GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheZoid

Question about GPA

Postby TheZoid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:40 am

So I graduated with a 2.65, which is really limiting the schools I can apply to. I have a 168, so pulling it over a three might open up a few opportunities. I have already received my degree. I have a heard some people say you can retake courses, and I have a few major blemishes. Are your two grades averaged if you retake, and would this work given that I've already received my degree? Do I have to take the courses at my degree-granting institution? Would this be worth it at all? Thanks.

l'aviadora

Re: Question about GPA

Postby l'aviadora » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:19 am

Sorry, but once you receive your degree the UGPA is locked in. You can't change it. You could get a few years of work experience to try to distance yourself from it, but at this point it is what it is. You could also retake your LSAT to try to get into the mid-170's. How much prep did you do prior to the 168? Do you feel that you could do better? This, combined with decent work experience, might get you NU if you ED. I think they're the only T14 without a 3.0 floor. Which schools are you looking at?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 am

Love the Avatar!

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:24 am

Kinda thought so. Thanks for the reply. I did do a lot of prep. Was hitting 173-175 with some regularity towards the end of my prep, so I don't feel that's necessarily out of the question, I just don't know if it's worth it to open the door to one more school that I will be paying sticker at, even though NU is a great school. School list is probably something like this:

WUSTL
IU-B
Illinois
Fordham
UNC
Wake Forest
UConn
maybe a few others in the South

Anyone have any thoughts on my chances here?

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 am

Can I get some thoughts on my chances at these schools por favor?

Return to “What are my chances?”