3.2 GPA 169 LSAT + Work Experience Question

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
scottybared

3.2 GPA 169 LSAT + Work Experience Question

Postby scottybared » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm

So I have a 3.2 GPA and a 169 LSAT. My last 7 or 8 practice tests were 174-177, so I think I may have let my nerves get to me in June and plan to retake in October. However, assuming that I don't do any better, what are my chances where I stand? Employment is the most important factor for me, I don't really care where I end up. A school that places well nationally would be nice. Is Georgetown or any other T14 a possibility with ED?

I also have a separate question about work experience, assuming I can do well enough on the retake to warrant applying to NU. I served a 2 year Mormon mission in Russia and also spent about 4 months volunteering full-time in a hospital in Ecuador. In addition to continually working part-time during school, I also have worked full time every summer in undergrad, plus during one semester (for probably a total of 12-14 months of full-time work experience). I'm working full-time now and probably will next summer, so let's assume I'll have about 18 months of full-time experience, not including volunteer work, by the time school starts in fall of 2012. The work wasn't great, but more character building than waiting tables (for while I worked for a company that did Russian translation work for the government and I now teach English to school children in Korea via video conferencing). Has anyone been successful spinning these kinds of work experience for NU?

Return to “What are my chances?”