3.6 GPA 170 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jmets890

3.6 GPA 170 LSAT

Postby jmets890 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

I know similar numbers have been talked about, but how are my chances improved by ED'ing?

I know that CCN are out, and that NYU and Penn are both reaches. But i feel like UVA, Duke, GULC etc are all within my range. Im non-URM.

bos2clt

Re: 3.6 GPA 170 LSAT

Postby bos2clt » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

Bump. I am in same boat, Jmets, feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss your goals/expectations.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 am

I had the same stats.

I think an ED can really get you over the hump. That saying I didnt ED because I wasnt sure and ended up getting a little lucky getting UVA. I also got some money at Cornell, WL from gtown, a little more than 1/2 at Vandy, and 90k at wustl. Apply early but expect something like this to happen and hope that one of the mvpbdn bite, which one likely will, but it is a risk.

If you have a preference, then ED is in order. You are unlikely to get money from t10s so ED is worth it to push you over the hump. Chicago and MVP are all in play with an ED. You can also ed to uva or gtown or Duke second round if your ED fails at another school.

Just thinking of maximizing your potential, not looking at goals or preferences, ed to penn and enjoy, or if fail, Ed to UVa, if fail ed to duke second round. Note MVPB are all peers really though.

jmets890

Postby jmets890 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

Let's say that I ED to UVA, get rejected quickly. Is it a slam dunk that I should apply to Duke/GULC ED, or would a school liek GWU ED be a better decision? I guess my real question is, what is the value of the GWU scholarship, and what are their typical standards?

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 am

jmets890 wrote:Let's say that I ED to UVA, get rejected quickly. Is it a slam dunk that I should apply to Duke/GULC ED, or would a school liek GWU ED be a better decision? I guess my real question is, what is the value of the GWU scholarship, and what are their typical standards?

You wont get rejected from UVa, If it your first choice, you should get in. Second, full ride at GW still leaves you with a ton of debt from huge CoL in DC. Worth it: yes probably, best option: Probably No. It is still pretty sweet though so I dont know. Your whole cycle will be Prospects vs. Debt. Your #s are good enough to have some really great opportunities but not good enough to get the best of both worlds (prospects and $$) or Prospects that are so good debt is less of an issue (YHS).

Also, PM me if you would like my LSN.

Return to “What are my chances?”